• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cheshire Bus News (was East Cheshire Bus News)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Well I'm glad someone has made them aware as I am now known for complaints which have ruffled feathers so wish to keep a low key unless it's an issue which requires serious intervention

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

northwichcat

Veteran Member
It looks like whoever is updating their website has only got as far as removing the message about GHA Coaches not running on the last Sunday in October. The old 27 and 88 timetables are still displayed, never mind more recent changes like the 39 route and some of the changes that will occur in January.

Incidentally, what's happened with the 39 route. Apart from a mention on the GHA Coaches news page I've not heard anything about any changes, while Traveline still thinks the High Peak service is running.

northwichcat

Veteran Member
D&G Bus will take over the Sundays and Bank Holidays service on route 5 Macclesfield-Macclesfield via Weston, Upton Priory from 11th January, as well as SB1, SB2 and SB3 (Sandbach circulars.) These are all currently operated by Bakerbus.

Last edited by a moderator:

martinsh

Established Member
D&G Bus will take over the Sundays and Bank Holidays service on route 5 Macclesfield-Macclesfield via Weston, Upton Priory from 11th January, as well as SB1, SB2 and SB3 (Sandbach circulars.) These are all currently operated by Bakerbus.

Bakerbus have deregistered ALL their services. Rumour is that D & G are to take on same of the routes and about 10 vehicles.

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
Bakerbus have deregistered ALL their services. Rumour is that D & G are to take on same of the routes and about 10 vehicles.

Not quite Cheshire news, but there isn't a Potteries thread.

Timetables for D & G (replacing Bakerbus) services in Stoke-on-Trent loaded onto Stokebus.info.

northwichcat

Veteran Member
So have D&G purchased bus operations off Bakerbus or have Bakerbus just decided to shut up shop and D&G have taken advantage of it?

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
So have D&G purchased bus operations off Bakerbus or have Bakerbus just decided to shut up shop and D&G have taken advantage of it?

I don't know the details, somewhere in the mix (I think) are some buses owned by the council and loaned to the operators in return for use on services in the area.

northwichcat

Veteran Member
I don't know the details, somewhere in the mix (I think) are some buses owned by the council and loaned to the operators in return for use on services in the area.

We certainly have some council owned buses in Cheshire East and in the past they have passed between operators.

E.g.

YJ53 VEA operating Bakerbus route 27 in Cheshire County Council livery: https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8199/8202283371_e3a980a08d_z.jpg

Then after the route was lost to Bowers/High Peak (owned by Centrebus) and Cheshire County Council had been split up - the same bus in Cheshire East council livery: https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5139/5517307000_0dcc31ff79_z.jpg

And it's since been sold and is now owned by Compass:https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5486/9060132792_2dba4000c0_b.jpg

However, it is a limited number of buses that are owned by the council. D&G Bus currently have 1 Solo in Cheshire East council livery While to confuse matters GHA Coaches put two Versas in Cheshire East council livery and allocated them to the 88 route. However, those weren't purchased by Cheshire East council and have since been transferred to Shrewsbury area services.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
There is now another thread for D&G Bus purchasing Bakerbus: http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=110220

The 42 Crewe - Congleton service and Congleton 'Beartown' services will be getting GHA Gold Enviro 200s like the ones on the 88 route over the course of the year. Additionally a few Optare Solo SRs will be purchased for Nantwich services, allowing GHA to return the Cheshire Connect 54 reg Solos they currently have. Unfortunately it seems there is no plan for a backup GHA Gold Enviro 200 so ordinary buses will continue to fill in whenever a bus requires maintenance/servicing.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Their is loads of out of date information and no mention of GHA's 39 service when I last looked. They also seem to have given up on Twitter as well.

TC only approved that service for a 22nd December start.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member

D & G Bus, the trading arm of the Crewe based Rolling Solutions Ltd, have purchased the residual Bakerbus entity and Monday, 11th January seems to be the likely date for service provision operation under the D & G brand. About 25 staff are expected to transfer together with 9 buses and 17 routes.

D & G Bus have their new site now in Longton.

Last edited:

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Monday, 11th January seems to be the likely date for service provision operation under the D & G brand.

That date will be the date routes transfer according to the D&G Bus website: http://dgbus.co.uk/news.html with Bakerbus tickets no longer being issued but existing season tickets will be valid as usual until their expiry date, with the exception of route 26 tickets which will instead be valid on 'The Orange One' buses.

No indication of what buses will transfer on the Fleet List page.

I wonder whether D&G will try to keep the Bakerbus liveried vehicles on former Bakerbus routes, or whether they'll do like what Arriva did when they purchased Nova Scotia and run the newly acquired routes with buses in their normal corporate livery, leaving vehicles in the defunct operator's livery for their existing services.

Y961 XBU

Was just reading this

*There are also some changes to fares...

D&G Day and Weekly Rover tickets will replace bakerbus Day and Weekly tickets. Prices are:
Day Rover: £4.90 adult, £3.00 child, £3.50 student
Weekly Rover: £14.00 adult, £9.40 child

There will also be some changes to child and student fares to bring them into line with other D&G Bus services.

Ten trip tickets will still be issued and accepted on services 9, 94 and 99.

All existing bakerbus weekly and season tickets will be accepted until their expiry dates.*

Does this mean instead of 2 different sets of tickets for different areas there will be 1 set of tickets for their entire network?

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Does this mean instead of 2 different sets of tickets for different areas there will be 1 set of tickets for their entire network?

No. I think they've only just introduced area restrictions on day tickets this month and it used to be £4.20 for a day ticket valid on all D&G Buses.

D&G said:
Day Rover - valid for travel until the end of service on the day of issue

Cheshire and north Staffordshire areas - £4.90 adult / £3.00 child / £3.50 student
Mid-Staffordshire (Stafford, Uttoxeter and Rugeley) - £4.90 adult / £2.60 child / £3.50 student / £8.00 duo (two people)

Weekly Rover - valid for travel on the day of issue plus the following six days

Cheshire and north Staffordshire areas - £14.00 adult / £9.40 child
Mid-Staffordshire (Stafford, Uttoxeter and Rugeley) - £18.00 adult / £12.00 child

Established Member
So what is happening to the Number 10 Bollington - Macclesfield evening services which Bakerbus were running (or not at times)?

Y961 XBU

So what is happening to the Number 10 Bollington - Macclesfield evening services which Bakerbus were running (or not at times)?

I assume you mean the 10A Friday and Saturday evening service? if so then D&G take over this service on Jan 11th with the other routes and 9 Buses from Bakerbus.

northwichcat

Veteran Member
I assume you mean the 10A Friday and Saturday evening service? if so then D&G take over this service on Jan 11th with the other routes and 9 Buses from Bakerbus.

Yes: http://dgbus.co.uk/assets/10a_2015-01-11.pdf

If the report is correct about Rolling Solutions Limited (D&G) purchasing Guideissue Limited (Bakerbus) then all contracted services will automatically transfer and be run by D&G until the contract reaches it's end date or is terminated (e.g. if another operator registers to run the same service commercially.)

theshillito

Do GHA run anything else in Crewe or Sandbach?

GHA run the 42 Crewe - Middlewich - Congleton, the 6E in evenings, the 8A and 9 Crewe to Wistaston, 38 evening only Crewe - Sandbach - Congleton - Macclesfield, 39 Crewe - Shavington - Nantwich.

So yes.

Y961 XBU

GHA run the 42 Crewe - Middlewich - Congleton, the 6E in evenings, the 8A and 9 Crewe to Wistaston, 38 evening only Crewe - Sandbach - Congleton - Macclesfield, 39 Crewe - Shavington - Nantwich.

So yes.

Cheers for that, been a very long time since i ended up that way so think i will need to put some time aside to go there

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Update on GHA Coaches services today

GHA Coaches said:
Due to weather conditions in Mid Cheshire, we are currently unable service P1, 19,27,39, 200 out of our Macclesfield depot.
Service 88, 90,91,92 are running but with delays due to road conditions

northwichcat

Veteran Member
D&G Bus are to cancel route 1 Crewe Business Park-Bentley Motors and routes 45/45A between Crewe and Nantwich from 1st April.

However, they have registered a new route 1 which is apparently:
Starting Point: Electra Way, Crewe
Finish Point: Nantwich Bus Depot, Leighton Hospital
Via: Crewe Town Centre, Rolls Avenue

I think the reference to Nantwich may be a mistake. I imagine Electra Way to Crewe Town Centre to Rolls Avenue to Leighton Hospital would be the correct route.

ag51ruk

D&G Bus are to cancel route 1 Crewe Business Park-Bentley Motors and routes 45/45A between Crewe and Nantwich from 1st April.

I think the reference to Nantwich may be a mistake. I imagine Electra Way to Crewe Town Centre to Rolls Avenue to Leighton Hospital would be the correct route.

It's possible that it will alternate between Nantwich and Leighton (maybe every 30 mins each) - the route was setup with a government grant but that only provided 2 years funding, that may have run out so they're looking for economies. May be useful for me now that the 42 doesn't go to the rail station.

Last edited:

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
Do Cheshire East Council still update their public transport web pages?

Latest changes showing are the network revisions last October and apparently Bakerbus still operate all their services around Biddulph and Congleton!

I would rather no information be provided than incorrect / out-of-date information be shown e.g. wipe the page clean and state 'this page is no longer updated' or something along those lines. It would, of course, require an admission that budget cuts are having an impact on the service previously provided to the public.

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Do Cheshire East Council still update their public transport web pages?

Latest changes showing are the network revisions last October and apparently Bakerbus still operate all their services around Biddulph and Congleton!

I would rather no information be provided than incorrect / out-of-date information be shown e.g. wipe the page clean and state 'this page is no longer updated' or something along those lines. It would, of course, require an admission that budget cuts are having an impact on the service previously provided to the public.

Myself and 323235 have pointed this out to Cheshire East on numerous occasions and been told each time that the web team will be updating it.

At present the worst one is the 319 route. The new contract was awarded to Tomlinson Travel who are operating to a new timetable and the only place that's mentioned online is on the GHA Coaches site (GHA being the old operator.) Tomlinson Travel don't have a website or email address - just a phone number and Traveline shows both the old GHA timetable and the new Tomlinson Travel timetable so it gives the impression the Tomlinson Travel services are additional not replacement.

martinsh

Established Member

I spent some time at Crewe bus station today, and noted the following loadings on these routes

45 - well loaded (over 30 on one journey !)
1 bus sta - Rolls Ave reasonable loadings
1 bus sta - Electra Way very lightly loaded (though only 1 journey was completely empty, as opposed to 90% when the service started up )

Status
Not open for further replies.