• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern: Business Zone Carriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterY

Established Member
In a few weeks time I'm doing another First Class All Line Rover. Is it valid for use in Chiltern's Business Zone carriage?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

boxy321

It's hardly worth walking to the end of the platforms for though (Moor St. especially).

RPM

Established Member
It's hardly worth walking to the end of the platforms for though (Moor St. especially).
It was significantly downgraded when Chiltern axed their catering. Now you just get a selection of cold drinks and snacks. And a bigger seat.

Deafdoggie

Established Member
I did it when I had an all-line 1st class ticket. But mainly just because I could!

PeterY

Established Member
I'm using as a way of getting an early start and heading northwards to Birmingham, plus hopefully loco hauled.
Thank you everyone for the advice.

boxy321

I didn't think you even got that now.
Business Zones are only loco pushed from Birmingham and don't run all day. Last time I wandered in there (2+ months ago) a wooden crate was put on each table with, I think, 2 bottles of juice and a cold pre-wrapped croissant. They get so few passengers in there the guards are on your case immediately through boredom and are dismayed when you produce a 1st season ticket.

My only motivation for using Chiltern to get to London is to experience Marylebone for a change and see the views on the way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.