• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern Railways - Apprentice Train Drivers - Multiple Locations (26/01/23)

bothtubes

Congratulations.. must be a great feeling.
Yes, the priority is Banbury with EWR.
Good sign for movement at other depots now.
Thank you.

To be honest I don’t think I’ve processed it yet. But I’m over the moon.

Word of advice. I’d your dmi is at leamington and you park at the station go to information and they’ll mark your reg for free parking.
I found that out after paying the £8.50. Idiot.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

7819Hinton

Thank you.

To be honest I don’t think I’ve processed it yet. But I’m over the moon.

Word of advice. I’d your dmi is at leamington and you park at the station go to information and they’ll mark your reg for free parking.
I found that out after paying the £8.50. Idiot.
Yeah, but the best £8.50 you’ve ever spent..

7819Hinton

Had my DMI last week and received the good news the following day that I’d passed. Similarly to @bothtubes, totally made up.
Good luck to those still in the process.

bothtubes

Congrats buddy! Yeah it was obviously worth it and I wasn’t bothered really. I was just trying to help others out in the process. Good luck to everyone!

mr_roggger

Has anyone heard anything from those that started at the end of May for Banbury - how it is going, thoughts etc. @Fatbob22, @gatters? I suppose they're busy in classes and revising for tests!

I assume the July course for Banbury starts within the next couple of weeks, placing it half-way between the 30/05 and 29/08 start dates. Have those starting in July had any more information yet, @clarets2005, @IAmGROOT, @dislecsyk ?

I heard a rumour somewhere that the classroom training might be happening in Banbury for these course start dates due to all applicants being for the Banbury depot. Can anyone confirm or deny that? I have no issue travelling to Aylesbury for three months (part of the contractual agreement after all), but Banbury would of course be much easier as it is my local depot. Aylesbury for an 09:00 start, by train, is not at all easy from Oxford / Banbury area, so would have to drive - again not a problem - but it would be better to spend the time revising / reading on the train, rather than having to drive then read at home later.

dislecsyk

Has anyone heard anything from those that started at the end of May for Banbury - how it is going, thoughts etc. @Fatbob22, @gatters? I suppose they're busy in classes and revising for tests!

I assume the July course for Banbury starts within the next couple of weeks, placing it half-way between the 30/05 and 29/08 start dates. Have those starting in July had any more information yet, @clarets2005, @IAmGROOT, @dislecsyk ?

I heard a rumour somewhere that the classroom training might be happening in Banbury for these course start dates due to all applicants being for the Banbury depot. Can anyone confirm or deny that? I have no issue travelling to Aylesbury for three months (part of the contractual agreement after all), but Banbury would of course be much easier as it is my local depot. Aylesbury for an 09:00 start, by train, is not at all easy from Oxford / Banbury area, so would have to drive - again not a problem - but it would be better to spend the time revising / reading on the train, rather than having to drive then read at home later.
The July course starts on Monday. There's no info through yet regarding where we go on Monday morning etc, but I did email HR last night as it's getting a bit close to have still heard nothing, and they said we will hear from L&D with instructions by the end of the week.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that the May course started at Banbury on the first day, at least, so I would imagine anything that doesn't NEED to be done at a different location will happen there.

clarets2005

My contract says the start date is Tuesday 11th with training at the centre in Aylesbury, though like you I’m also waiting on some instructions from L&D.

I’m sure we’ll hear something soon.

dislecsyk

My contract says the start date is Tuesday 11th with training at the centre in Aylesbury, though like you I’m also waiting on some instructions from L&D.

I’m sure we’ll hear something soon.
I was talking about this with @IAmGROOT earlier, his says 11th as well, but mine says the 10th. Just going to have to wait and see what L&D say, I think.

james00703

My contract states the 10th as my start date. But like everyone, still awaiting the paperwork for L&D. Looking forward to meeting you all.

12LDA28C

Established Member
I heard a rumour somewhere that the classroom training might be happening in Banbury for these course start dates due to all applicants being for the Banbury depot. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

Classroom training for Banbury's new recruits will indeed be taking place at Banbury, you'll be glad to hear.

Mabs

I applied for Marylebone 26th Jan 2023.

I did the VSE last week. Still waiting for the results

mr_roggger

I applied for Marylebone 26th Jan 2023.

I did the VSE last week. Still waiting for the results

VSE results, if you pass, come by 'phone. Took about a week for mine to come through if memory serves. Glad that the process is moving forward for other depots now too.

Mabs

VSE results, if you pass, come by 'phone. Took about a week for mine to come through if memory serves. Glad that the process is moving forward for other depots now too.
Do you know if the call was from a private number or a landline number.

I just wanna be prepared by clearing my throat

I hope I passed. I counted how I did for the vse

First part I got 0 wrong

Second part I got 4 wrong

Final part that includes both the first and second together. I got 7 wrong.

Not sure if I passed but it might give others an idea in the future if I passed or not.

mr_roggger

I believe it was from a mobile number. I wasn't expecting that so took me a bit by surprise.

I think i got largely similar numbers to you on the final part of the VSE. It was out of about 220; you're looking at 97% which is pretty good.

Mabs

I believe it was from a mobile number. I wasn't expecting that so took me a bit by surprise.

I think i got largely similar numbers to you on the final part of the VSE. It was out of about 220; you're looking at 97% which is pretty good.
Il keep my phone on loud next week.

How did you work out the % ?

OakTree1

Hi everyone, Thanks for the updates and help on the thread so far.

I was wondering if anyone else has applied for a position at Aylesbury and what stage you're at?

mr_roggger

Il keep my phone on loud next week.

How did you work out the % ?
(1-7/220)*100

All is good, a lot of hard work but well worth it. Everyone is getting on well and enjoying it
I look forward to seeing the new group around the place in the next couple of weeks

Great to hear! Thanks for the reply. I believe the second cohort starts today/tomorrow.

J03LY

I applied for the role in Aylesbury and my phone broke, so I didn't realise I had a voicemail on my personal number untill last night. So I am kicking my self right. I have phoned back sent a message this morning. I was expecting a email as the last contact was via email. I am just hoping and pray I am not out of this chance yet

Mabs

I applied for the role in Aylesbury and my phone broke, so I didn't realise I had a voicemail on my personal number untill last night. So I am kicking my self right. I have phoned back sent a message this morning. I was expecting a email as the last contact was via email. I am just hoping and pray I am not out of this chance yet
You need to chase it up. I found Chilterns railway never reply all the times I've emailed them. Worst of all the toc for replying in my opinion. Not sure why they do that.

12LDA28C

Established Member
You need to chase it up. I found Chilterns railway never reply all the times I've emailed them. Worst of all the toc for replying in my opinion. Not sure why they do that.

Maybe you're emailing the wrong person? Who exactly are you attempting to contact?