• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cholsey and Wallingford Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

autotank

So proud of our little line last weekend. We officially opened the Maidenhead canopy at the new Wallingford Station on Friday 25th with 'Railway Royalty' including Sir Peter Hendy, Tim Dunn, Lady McAlpine, Mark Hopwood, Lord Bradshaw and of course many of our amazing volunteers! We've still got lots to do, but there is a great can do attitude around the place at the moment and some great people. Oh and we sold over 6000 tickets in the first week for Polar Express too!

There was a nice bit of coverage on BBC South Today last night. Scroll to 09:41, but be quick as I think it only stay up until 6.30pm this evening www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000xjk1

There is also this article https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-57682265

GWR Pannier tank 4612 is with us until the end of the month so do come and have a ride!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Journeyman

Established Member
So proud of our little line last weekend. We officially opened the Maidenhead canopy at the new Wallingford Station on Friday 25th with 'Railway Royalty' including Sir Peter Hendy, Tim Dunn, Lady McAlpine, Mark Hopwood, Lord Bradshaw and of course many of our amazing volunteers! We've still got lots to do, but there is a great can do attitude around the place at the moment and some great people. Oh and we sold over 6000 tickets in the first week for Polar Express too!

There was a nice bit of coverage on BBC South Today last night. Scroll to 09:41, but be quick as I think it only stay up until 6.30pm this evening www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000xjk1

There is also this article https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-57682265

GWR Pannier tank 4612 is with us until the end of the month so do come and have a ride!
Nice work! That's a great addition to the station. :)

Peter C

Established Member

It really does look lovely - amazing work. Well done to all involved! :)

-Peter

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Likewise. As soon as it's possible to board a train at the Cholsey end again I shall be making plans!

dmncf

Likewise. As soon as it's possible to board a train at the Cholsey end again I shall be making plans!
Same here. I had planned to attend the event with visiting road engines that would have used 'Timetable B', but I believe that event got cancelled due to the one month delay in lifting lockdown measures. I look forward to attending another time.

Bookings from Cholsey were offered experimentally for the class 08 gala Sunday (8 August) and may be available more often again soon.

reddragon

Established Member
Can the trains run with the level crossing problems? I'm sure trains cannot run whilst the temporary lights are in place!

They certainly were on Monday. Westbound carriageway of by pass is closed with single line working.

alanc

Passing by Wallingford station earlier today, there was what appeared to be a USATC S160 on site.
Any help with ID would be much appreciated.
Alan

Passing by Wallingford station earlier today, there was what appeared to be a USATC S160 on site.
Alan
It is 6046, reimagined as 1225 for their Polar Express operation.

Alan

It is 6046, reimagined as 1225 for their Polar Express operation.

Would that be the biggest locomotive that's been on the line in the preservarion era? Large tender engines probably weren't common before preservation either.

Many thanks
Train has started running, at different times on different days (generally FSSuO). 6046 at Wallingford buffers, with generator van and 5 ex Anglia Mk III - and class 08 leading. Does not go as far as Cholsey station.

Status
Not open for further replies.