• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 170's at Barrow Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRONK08

I understand that at the beginning of June 170501, 170505 & 170506 were at Barrow Hill. Please can anyone kindly advise if they are still there as I have a free day this coming Saturday. If they are still there, I thought I would venture up to see them. As its a 4 hour round trip I didn't want to go unless I know they are still there. Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pokemonsuper9

Established Member
I understand that at the beginning of June 170501, 170505 & 170506 were at Barrow Hill. Please can anyone kindly advise if they are still there as I have a free day this coming Saturday. If they are still there, I thought I would venture up to see them. As its a 4 hour round trip I didn't want to go unless I know they are still there. Many thanks
seems to list them all as stored at Barrow Hill Roundhouse

fgwrich

Established Member
Thanks fgwrich although it does say 10th June 2023. I haven't been able to find any other photos on flickr taken since the 10th.
No problem - I did double check that and since updated my post with a slightly newer photo link (taken last week - June 21st). I think you were quoting it as I was updating it.

GRONK08

seems to list them all as stored at Barrow Hill Roundhouse
It may be worth a try then. Thanks pokemonsuper9

No problem - I did double check that and since updated my post with a slightly newer photo link (taken last week - June 21st). I think you were quoting it as I was updating it.

Ah - great stuff - many thanks

Established Member
So we have 3 unit's stored and missing services still.......

GRONK08

Well, I visited today and all 3 are still on site - They must have been there around a month now. I imagine they will be drafted into service fairly soon. Thanks again to all those who helped.

D365

Veteran Member
Are they waiting for maintenance and/or overhaul?

Failed Unit

Established Member
Good point . I assumed they would be ready to enter service . I guess there is a valid reason why they have not.
I am not sure how the crew training is going, but it is very possible until the full timetable is restored they don’t have room for them at depots.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
All regional crews are 170 trained, it would be impossible for anyone not to be now. I’m unsure why these are still at Barrow Hill I’m afraid!

Wyrleybart

Established Member
Good point . I assumed they would be ready to enter service . I guess there is a valid reason why they have not.
I imagine they must be out of exam miles or certification, simply because, if an EMR passenger was injured on a Skeggy RRB, when it was found "surplus" trains were laid up, there would be hell to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.