• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 172 future ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevan Price

Established Member
I have done a quick forum search, but could not locate anything relevant, so could anyone please remind me what is expected to happen to the 172s when they are replaced by class 196 on the "Moor Street" group of services ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I have done a quick forum search, but could not locate anything relevant, so could anyone please remind me what is expected to happen to the 172s when they are replaced by class 196 on the "Moor Street" group of services ?
The 172s aren't being replaced.

The 196s are to displace 170s on New Street services that all go to East Midlands Railway. There was an element of growth build / allowance for extra services in the 196 order but some of those 196s will work for East West Railway initially.

Energy

Established Member
The 172s aren't being replaced.

The 196s are to displace 170s on New Street services that all go to East Midlands Railway. There was an element of growth build / allowance for extra services in the 196 order but some of those 196s will work for East West Railway initially.
Are the 196s going to work the Snow Hill lines now that the 172/1s have come? There weren't many services planned for the 196s

Status
Not open for further replies.