• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 306 progress

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
Does anyone have any news/updates please? I understand one driving car had been done but it was under wraps when I last visited Shildon. At the time, the other two vehicles were in the workshop.

Also, has the new Locomotion building opened yet?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

1Q18

Also, has the new Locomotion building opened yet?
An update on Locomotion’s social media a couple of weeks ago shows the building to apparently be largely complete, structurally, but with some way to go with the fitting out.

With regards 306017 it was rumoured the NRM had plans to re certify it for mainline use & use it on a branch somewhere.

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
With regards 306017 it was rumoured the NRM had plans to re certify it for mainline use & use it on a branch somewhere.
Although it would be nice, I can't see it ever happening. Happy to be proved wrong of course but then there is also the issue of who is going to look after and maintain it

An update on Locomotion’s social media a couple of weeks ago shows the building to apparently be largely complete, structurally, but with some way to go with the fitting out.
Cheers for this

Established Member
Doesn’t take much to start a rumour, anyone can do that :) Think that one can be safely discounted.