• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 315 Withdrawals

Status
Not open for further replies.

345 050

837 and 857 were on the 1804, did anyone catch the unit number on the 1735?

No changes, the Dec TT on Crossrail effectively started a few weeks early. So there are still the Gidea Peak extras, two diagrams.

For those still requiring a 315 fix though both the 17.35 and 18.04 Liverpool St to Gidea Park were 315s tonight, but that should only last as long as it takes to commission the final 3 x 7 car 345s into to 9 car units.
Many thanks. Interesting that there are only 2 Gidea Park services from the high level - suggests that they are reluctant to bother with them ....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
838 and 853 did the 17.35 LST-GDP.

Nothing reluctant about running them, big fines if they don't. But the sooner they become 345s the better now for the extra capacity a 345 provides.

Foxxle

Are there any morning 315 paths? From what I can see no, but on realtimetrains there's two paths in the morning (2C59 and 2C73 I think) which come from Gidea Park. It says it's pathed as a 345 but I'm not sure. Thanks.

Established Member
Are there any morning 315 paths? From what I can see no, but on realtimetrains there's two paths in the morning (2C59 and 2C73 I think) which come from Gidea Park. It says it's pathed as a 345 but I'm not sure. Thanks.
Those are the only two trains that could be 315s, and are the equivalent of the evening trips.

THULiCORE

Yes.

07:43 Gidea Park - Liverpool Street (2C59)
08:13 Gidea Park - Liverpool Street (2C73)

I have already had other people go there in person to ensure that these are 315 diagrams.

43102EMR

Established Member
Yes.

07:43 Gidea Park - Liverpool Street (2C59)
08:13 Gidea Park - Liverpool Street (2C73)

I have already had other people go there in person to ensure that these are 315 diagrams.
Yes both are 315 diagrams - I managed to have a ride on both last week.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Is there a date announced when these will be completely withdrawn?
No, but it isn't very far away. Only one 345 left to reenter service as a 9-car unit now.

The variation paths for the two peak hour workings to run from Aldersbrook are still shown until the timetable change for the moment.

345 050

Until the Dec 22 TT change? So last day would be Friday 9th December I assume? Did the info in RTT corroborate this?

Platform 16/17 barriered off this evening. Does this mean it's the last one?

Last edited:

StephenHunter

Established Member
Until the Dec 22 TT change? So last day would be Friday 9th December I assume? Did the info in RTT corroborate this?

Platform 16/17 barriered off this evening. Does this mean it's the last one?
No, might be setting up for the tour tomorrow.

345 050

They have let people on the 1804 now. Quite a lot of enthusiasts, including Geoff Marshall... Looks like Geoff was speaking to staff to see if anything was going on, but they wouldn't tell him anything...

miklcct

On Moderation
The line diagram on the 315s are a special version (Facebook photo) which shows the eastern section not connected to the core, with a notice saying that the train will not call at Whitechapel and will enter Liverpool Street National Rail station.

43102EMR

Established Member
They have let people on the 1804 now. Quite a lot of enthusiasts, including Geoff Marshall... Looks like Geoff was speaking to staff to see if anything was going on, but they wouldn't tell him anything...
I think it’s more a case of they’re unsure what’s going on - from my experience, a lot of the ground-level staff are being kept in the dark with what’s going on with the status of the 315s.

StephenHunter

Established Member
Was on the morning half. Came back on the second Shenfield run using the main line and was over 12 1/2 minutes early!

prod_pep

Established Member
It was an enjoyable enough day and my thanks go to all involved; I'm so glad the 315s got a proper send-off as they've been excellent servants. Obviously it paled in comparison to the 314 and GN 313 farewells but better than nowt.

The first run was very quiet but there were plenty more takers as the day wore on, including quite a few who chose to pay on the day. Nice to see a fair few families joining too. The 315 Preservation Society looked to be doing a roaring trade: I think they sold off all their merchandise stock!

My only gripe though: I must have missed the bit where buying raffle tickets became compulsary. Last time I checked, we were amidst a financial squeeze and times were hard. The response I had from a BLS steward for very politely declining to purchase tickets for a raffle with no prizes I deemed worth winning was very disappointing.

StephenHunter

Established Member
The raffle was for a charity, mind, who are helping people who are suffering even harder times.

Good trips, of just the right length and I saw they've added some special Elizabeth Line diagrams showing through running, but not for those trains.

My sole gripe is that they could have opened more than one cab on each unit - the queues were long and slow. I dropped out of the 345 queue and left after the speeches so I could do the riverboat to Barking Riverside.

Class15

On Moderation
It was an enjoyable enough day and my thanks go to all involved; I'm so glad the 315s got a proper send-off as they've been excellent servants. Obviously it paled in comparison to the 314 and GN 313 farewells but better than nowt.

The first run was very quiet but there were plenty more takers as the day wore on, including quite a few who chose to pay on the day. Nice to see a fair few families joining too. The 315 Preservation Society looked to be doing a roaring trade: I think they sold off all their merchandise stock!

My only gripe though: I must have missed the bit where buying raffle tickets became compulsary. Last time I checked, we were amidst a financial squeeze and times were hard. The response I had from a BLS steward for very politely declining to purchase tickets for a raffle with no prizes I deemed worth winning was very disappointing.
Yeah it was a great day and for the raffle the steward was fine, I dunno if it was a different one.

357 LTSRail

Was on the morning half. Came back on the second Shenfield run using the main line and was over 12 1/2 minutes early!
The afternoon run came back on a really crazy route, seemingly taking all of the crossovers from the main lines to the electric lines! I think we got back roughly on time though, on platform 9. Other disruption on the network may have influenced that.

dannyh73

A great day - highlights for me being the entire length of the ilford-Forest Gate Jn Up avoiding line round the back of Manor Park and entering Platform 3 at Shenfield (usually reserved for Clacton/Ipswich bound services) from the Down Electric line which would have been impossible on a non-strike day. Plenty of great photos and videos of the day on the Class 315 Preservation Society Facebook group page.

Juniper Driver

Established Member
A great day - highlights for me being the entire length of the ilford-Forest Gate Jn Up avoiding line round the back of Manor Park and entering Platform 3 at Shenfield (usually reserved for Clacton/Ipswich bound services) from the Down Electric line which would have been impossible on a non-strike day. Plenty of great photos and videos of the day on the Class 315 Preservation Society Facebook group page.
Sad I missed it.I first got on the units in July 1982.To clean them.
Glad you had an enjoyable day.

43102EMR

Established Member
For those who aren’t aware, both 315 diagrams still in place following the tour on Saturday - I suspect they will be withdrawn at the December Timetable Change.

Status
Not open for further replies.