• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 365 scrap movements + preservation discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramling

Veteran Member
350/2s and 379s are very young they won’t be scrapped any time soon.

Eversholt got the 365s back earlier this year, so it is Eversholt making the decision not the DFT.

It's probably the case Eversholt didn't really want them back, so getting rid of them is in their interest as it removes a downward pressure on leasing charges.

It would be interesting to know how much GTR were paying in lease costs, and how that compared to other fleets, especially stuff like the 313s and 455s. If there wasn't the complication of the stored-since-2018 units, one wonders if the DFT might simply have kept them on at minimal lease to GTR.

The leasing system has essentially milked the ex-BR fleets from day one, in many cases with quite little done to them.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mamorin

Just found out this morning that 519 and 527 are on tomorrows scrap move.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicholas Lewis

Established Member
True without a coherent rolling stock strategy anything could happen.

We will just have to wait and see if we get one. Putting up some more wires would also help pevent this happening to the 350/s and 379s in the future.
The wires will come so lets hope someone has the foresight to make sure the stock is there to make use of them

danielnez1

I can guess a few more factors favoring their demise is the 90s electronics and traction package, and perhaps the lack of aircon. It is still sad to see them go, considering here are may DMUs older than them still trundling around, though with the lack of further large scale elecgtrification in the near future, the cards were stacked against them.

warwickshire

On Moderation
Looks like this is off today as the inbound loco move from Derby has been cancelled

Maybe not.
Don't forget last night Wednesday 08th October 2021.
One light engine moved from wolverton centre sidings to crewe.
After the 769 move there.
Plus another light engine ran from ilford E.M.U.D in London to crewe after hauling a 7 car 345 from old oak back to ilford.
So hopefully will
Although maybe late as it has done recently.

typetwos

The_Train

Established Member
37884 taking 365519+365527 on their last trip on 5Q76 08:41 CREWE SYD to NEWPORTDK 07/10/21
Just seen that 884 was already at Crewe. No movement yet though and the 5Q76 working was activated 2 hours before planned departure which usually indicates it being done automatically and is often followed by a cancellation (if my limited knowledge is correct)?

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Looks like this is off today as the inbound loco move from Derby has been cancelled

This move took place yesterday - all I know is it was a ROG 37:

The_Train

Established Member
The move is on today, just appeared on the maps - 37884 was hiding at South Yard, stalking it's prey all of last night it seems

brad465

Established Member
I do wonder if 37884 should be nicknamed something like "The Grim Reaper" or the "Hearse", as it seems to get to run many storage/scrap moves, not just for 365s, but I've seen them do 313s, Mk3s and others.

warwickshire

On Moderation
I do wonder if 37884 should be nicknamed something like "The Grim Reaper" or the "Hearse", as it seems to get to run many storage/scrap moves, not just for 365s, but I've seen them do 313s, Mk3s and others.
Amongst enthusiasts I do believe 37884 is the grim reaper.

43102EMR

Established Member
Should be noted that both units were tagged during their period in store - quite a shame but it is what it is.

Mamorin

Certainly brightens up some of the dreary liveries on the network nowadays
While I do think some of the liveries on the network are boring these days, I don’t like seeing trains that are graffiti’d nor do I like the fact that trains get graffiti’d.

warwickshire

On Moderation
After it confused me so badly last time, I have already noted that 57310 is currently sat at Crewe South Yard - yet again the loco stalking it's prey before dragging it to the end of the line!
Good morning from Bromsgrove.
Just to confirm that 57310 today Tuesday 12th October 2021.
Has taken 365513 and 365503 for scrap to Newport.
Out off interest is there only now around 11 units to go from crewe.

Fuzzytop

Anyone know the identities of the unlucky couple today?

Doubt any will be left by Christmas at this pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.