• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 378 new livery

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRAX

Established Member
Hello everyone

I was wondering if the 378s were still getting the new LO livery, and if yes, how many units have been treated as of now ?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Most units I see on the ELL are the original livery so it seems like a minority have been refurbished. No idea about actual numbers though.

FOH

I don't track these kind of things but I travel regularly on them and I haven't spotted anything done for a very long time.

there are 8 in the new livery. others I believe are currently being planned after the last 710 units delivered.

378135, 136, 147, 150, 211, 232, 206 plus one more (cant remember)

TRAX

Established Member
Thanks a lot guys.
So the project will continue on on a later date ?

Mikey C

Established Member
The exterior repaint and interior refurbishment seemed a bit of a luxury programme to me, especially with TfL's financial woes now, but on a 378 tonight, the interior looked pretty tired, with worn seat covers and handrails.

KT550

378209 was in new livery on Tuesday evening 26/7, or at least had the unit number on the side.

Last edited:

astock5000

378209 was in new livery on Tuesday evening 26/7, or at least had the unit number on the side.
This was one of the units which were temporarily shortened to 4-car for use on Gospel Oak - Barking services before the 710s were ready, and had the numbers applied in those positions at that time. The other two, 378206 and 232, also ran in that condition but (as mentioned above) have since received the full new livery.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Whilst I don't have specific numbers to hand (I haven't been keeping track as it isn't something that bothers me), a not insignificant number of 378s have had the internal refresh without receiving the external repaint. Quite a few now running around with the plastic armrests and 710-style green moquette.

Jturner98

All of the 378s now have the black plastic armrests. 378142 has got the refreshed interior with new seat covers.

Yes it is still happening but currently being planned around existing workload and introduction of 710's.

Recessio

God the new paint job looks sh*te. The lines on the front edge of the cab where they are trying to make it look like an Aventra are terrible. I much preferred the old design.

Glad the interiors are getting a refurb though, but they could make the lights brighter while they are there.

Just been on a refurbed 378 on the ELL and LO have made a much better network route map than the huge very non-geographical map that was over the doors, and includes the river! It's about the size of the in train Tube map.

IMG_5785.jpeg

There are also modified line maps over the doors and on the back of the panel over the side PIS. Beige zone back ground and the Euston to Watford line is weirdly at the top of the diagram due to all the connecting lines under Euston.

IMG_5786.jpeg

Mikey C

Established Member
That "all lines" map is much better than the old one, which baffles me when I quickly want to get some information :D

Class15

On Moderation
Just been on a refurbed 378 on the ELL and LO have made a much better network route map than the huge very non-geographical map that was over the doors, and includes the river! It's about the size of the in train Tube map.

View attachment 126478

There are also modified line maps over the doors and on the back of the panel over the side PIS. Beige zone back ground and the Euston to Watford line is weirdly at the top of the diagram due to all the connecting lines under Euston.

View attachment 126479
Agreed - have noticed how much more accurate these are.

God the new paint job looks sh*te. The lines on the front edge of the cab where they are trying to make it look like an Aventra are terrible. I much preferred the old design.

Glad the interiors are getting a refurb though, but they could make the lights brighter while they are there.
I disagree - but maybe that’s because the old livery has become a bit too common!

Last edited:

Mikey C

Established Member
Either way, unless the 378s need a repaint, the exterior seems a pretty low priority at the moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.