• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 380 Corridor Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucaZone

Can anyone confirm if the amazing slant in the mock and designs of the Class 380 Desiro is actually serious?

It looks far to unlikely to operate I would have thought.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
Yeah, It moves when you couple, like 458s i think

ukrob

Established Member
Can anyone confirm if the amazing slant in the mock and designs of the Class 380 Desiro is actually serious?

It looks far to unlikely to operate I would have thought.

Well logic says that it is hinged and the top moves forward...

MCR247

Established Member
I thought that with a 458, the corridor would just come forward to look like a train that just has a normal one. I didnt think there were doors and stuff that opened

Established Member
Well logic says that it is hinged and the top moves forward...

It's hinged at the bottom and moves out to horizontal, IIRC.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I thought that with a 458, the corridor would just come forward to look like a train that just has a normal one. I didnt think there were doors and stuff that opened

You can see the two doors in this pic.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
The 458 connection isn't useable by the public though, as I understand it? Something o do with being a bit too narrow, and a step up? I'd assume that the 380's should be useable, much like 150/153/155/156/158/317 etc connectors?

I've yet to find somewhere showing the interior of the connection in use between these units, whilst we're doing wacky inter-unit connections.

starrymarkb

Established Member
I've yet to find somewhere showing the interior of the connection in use between these units, whilst we're doing wacky inter-unit connections.

Like this?

12.jpg

mackenzie_blu

This made me laugh from the wiki page

"the characteristic large rubber diaphragms at the ends form a flush aerodynamic seal."

Whats the point of an aerodynamic connection when the front isn't aerodynamic?

ukrob

Established Member
This made me laugh from the wiki page

"the characteristic large rubber diaphragms at the ends form a flush aerodynamic seal."

Whats the point of an aerodynamic connection when the front isn't aerodynamic?

It isn't just the front of a train that can be aerodynamic.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
I'm not really sure "Aerodynamic" is the word they're really after, but I can't think how to put what I think they think they mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.