• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 465/9s on Sevenoaks to Blackfriars services

Status
Not open for further replies.

12CSVT

Established Member
Are any of the Sevenoaks to Blackfriars services at weekends now diagrammed for class 465/9s (ie, 465s with first class) ?
There were at least three of these units (465922 / 928 / 931) working this route today, and the first time I have seen 465/9s on this route.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jnjkerbin

I don't know about diagrams but it's not that rare that a 465/9 makes it onto a suburban service, nor is it rare for a /0, /1 or /2 to make it on to a Gillingham/Tunbridge Wells service. As far as I know, its never booked to happen but it does when there is a fault/it is required to move a train somewhere. Hopefully someone who can confirm this will be along shortly. :)

TheJRB

Established Member
Are any of the Sevenoaks to Blackfriars services at weekends now diagrammed for class 465/9s (ie, 465s with first class) ?
There were at least three of these units (465922 / 928 / 931) working this route today, and the first time I have seen 465/9s on this route.
As far as I can see, there aren't any officially diagrammed to that route.

I don't know about diagrams but it's not that rare that a 465/9 makes it onto a suburban service, nor is it rare for a /0, /1 or /2 to make it on to a Gillingham/Tunbridge Wells service. As far as I know, its never booked to happen but it does when there is a fault/it is required to move a train somewhere. Hopefully someone who can confirm this will be along shortly. :)
Indeed. I think a 465/9 has visited the Bromley North branch on multiple occasions. It's also not uncommon to see /0s, /1s and /2s down here at Ashford on the Maidstone East line services (in fact the other week I saw a 465/0 or /1 paired with a 465/9 on the 08:43 Ashford to Victoria - a service that is booked to be a single four car 465/9!).

Electrostar

There's often a 465/9 on the Orpington-Victoria route in the mornings. You can see the look of fear on some passengers as they choose to sit in first class but not knowing if they are allowed to or not.

Veteran Member
Which takes me back to the distant days when there was a regular diagram for 4CEP+4EPB in the early evening on Vic-Orpington (or Holborn-ORP, not sure). It then ran back up to London for a Maidstone or Gillingham line service.

Status
Not open for further replies.