• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 465 on WCML

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossover

Established Member
Hi All

I saw what I think was a Southeastern Class 465 (looked like that shape at least) travelling south on the WCML been hauled by a Class 66 at the front and translator vehicles at either end

It was on the outskirts of Wolverton station where the line dips down, stopped, with a shunter just ahead of it almost in the dip.

Does anyone know what it was doing there and why it was being hauled on the WCML?
Just looked at the video of the 380 from the other thread and I am pretty sure it wasn't that one.

Also, on an aside, anyone have any idea why the line dips down at this point? It doesn't appear to actually achieve anything...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hi All
T
I saw what I think was a Southeastern Class 465 (looked like that shape at least) travelling south on the WCML been hauled by a Class 66 at the front and translator vehicles at either end

It was on the outskirts of Wolverton station where the line dips down, stopped, with a shunter just ahead of it almost in the dip.

Does anyone know what it was doing there and why it was being hauled on the WCML?
Just looked at the video of the 380 from the other thread and I am pretty sure it wasn't that one.

Also, on an aside, anyone have any idea why the line dips down at this point? It doesn't appear to actually achieve anything...
I'm not 100% sure, but it couldve been 465036 coming back on 6A05.

Aictos

Established Member
There was 5X44 working Doncaster to Wembley Yard booked to pass Hertford at 2255 but has yet to run!
Any idea what it was supposed to be? I thought it might be the SouthEastern 465s going back home?

Status
Not open for further replies.