• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 56 Identification

deltic08

On Moderation
Can someone please help in identify the class 56 at Chathill approx. 19:20 on an engineering ballast train hard on the heels of the Chathill-Newcastle stopper last night, 2nd April. I photographed this train although marginal light but I missed the number due to the loco being shrouded in spray.
Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freightmaster

Established Member
Can someone please help in identify the class 56 at Chathill approx. 19:20 on an engineering ballast train hard on the heels of the Chathill-Newcastle stopper last night, 2nd April. I photographed this train although marginal light but I missed the number due to the loco being shrouded in spray.
Thank you.
That will have been 56051, which has been on that diagram (6S31/6E36) all week.

MARK

deltic08

On Moderation
That will have been 56051, which has been on that diagram (6S31/6E36) all week.

MARK
Thank you.
As an aside, two people joined the Chathill-Newcastle stopper just to say they had used it from Chathill. They had caught a train to Alnmouth, bus from there to Seahouses and walked from Seahouses to Chathill. Kee or what.