• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 700 at Dollands Moor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTrain

Hi,

I was travelling on a Eurostar yesterday, and happened to notice a class 700 sitting in Dollands Moor along side 66s and 92s. Does anyone know why it was there, it seems a long way out the way, and I know TL are running to Ashford now, but why the need for one in Folkstone?

Thanks,

Dan

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kieran1990

Hi,

I was travelling on a Eurostar yesterday, and happened to notice a class 700 sitting in Dollands Moor along side 66s and 92s. Does anyone know why it was there, it seems a long way out the way, and I know TL are running to Ashford now, but why the need for one in Folkstone?

Thanks,

Dan

I think some class 700’s are stored there. Would you believe me if I said they are all completed but GTR don’t require them all yet and all the depots are full
I maybe wrong but swear I read that somewhere

RichJF

There's two 700s there on the same siding. Both 12 car units. Saw them both on a eurostar journey too!

DanTrain

I think some class 700’s are stored there. Would you believe me if I said they are all completed but GTR don’t require them all yet and all the depots are full
I maybe wrong but swear I read that somewhere
There's two 700s there on the same siding. Both 12 car units. Saw them both on a eurostar journey too!
Glad I'm not going mad, thanks for the explaination. Sounds like the GTR forwards planning department is at it again (or whichever intern is doing that job this week anyway!)

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Glad I'm not going mad, thanks for the explaination. Sounds like the GTR forwards planning department is at it again (or whichever intern is doing that job this week anyway!)
They have to be stabled somewhere, and at least it is probably relatively secure against vandalism. And as has been explained in the main class 700 thread units at Dollands Moor are rotated in and out of service once accepted.

hwl

Established Member
Hi,

... and I know TL are running to Ashford now, but why the need for one in Folkstone?

But the Ashford service only starts in December 2019 i.e. they aren't running now! Hence they need some stabling space till they get the stabling for the TL6 Cambridge - Ashford / Maidstone stock.

DanTrain

But the Ashford service only starts in December 2019 i.e. they aren't running now! Hence they need some stabling space till they get the stabling for the TL6 Cambridge - Ashford / Maidstone stock.
Didn't know that. Makes it seem even further out the way, but I guess if that's where there's space :D.Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.