• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 701 'Aventra' trains for South Western Railway

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bigfoot

"If"

I'm surprised there haven't been more of those arteriosclerosis/clogged arterios jokes
They'd have to all be out and queueing behind one another to cause a clog! Plus a good few trips around the Hounslow loop and to Weybridge for arteriosclerosis :lol: :lol::lol:

1D54

Unidentified 701 just been seen heading north on the freight line at Leicester Station.

5Q69 Wembley IC Depot - Derby Litchchurch Lane (RTT)

Last edited:

3973EXL

Established Member
5Q82 EH - Marchwood

5Q50/51

5Q84 Marchwood - Wimbledon

EastleighTRSMD
701002/005/006/057/058 plus several 5 Cars.

Last edited:
Marchwood might as well put up some Arterio branding at this point, there’s so many there

But in other news apparently progress is being made now towards something

MotCO

Established Member
Ah yes silly me, I forgot the 5Q ones are just test and out of service runs :rolleyes:

To be fair, whenever I see a question starting with "Which 701", the answer is very often 043 :lol:

I thought the answer to life, the universe and everything was 042 :lol:

It's a shame SWR didn't fit these with tray tables like on the 458s, I think many would have preferred that over the mini tables. Although the mini tables are bigger than a tray table could ever be.

Last edited:
Agreed, plus there are many more points where they could be fitted. I never believed the argument that seat back tables slow down dwell times.

markle

Agreed, plus there are many more points where they could be fitted. I never believed the argument that seat back tables slow down dwell times.

I have to imagine that the reason was more that people are more likely to leave litter behind if tables are provided

Goldfish62

Established Member
I have to imagine that the reason was more that people are more likely to leave litter behind if tables are provided
That's a new one on me as a reason for not having seat-back tables! More like it was simply down to cost.