• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 745 Stadler FLIRTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

travelworld2

If another four have beeb accepted for service, does that mean they can enter service immediately? Or is there another step in the process?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheEdge

Established Member
If another four have beeb accepted for service, does that mean they can enter service immediately? Or is there another step in the process?

The right diagram needs to be found, for example it has to avoid one of the few diagrams where 321s are booked to provide traction, not sure if they can go on diagrams that involve a trip to Orient Way. They do need to be prepped for their first service, simple things like stocking the entirely empty buffet (which takes a few hours) so they can't just suddenly be thrown into service one morning. Also Victoria sidings opens very soon and with those in use it becomes an awful lot easier to stable, prep and operate the 745s without having them go into Crown Point so waiting for that might be preferable.

Peter Sarf

Established Member
The right diagram needs to be found, for example it has to avoid one of the few diagrams where 321s are booked to provide traction, not sure if they can go on diagrams that involve a trip to Orient Way. They do need to be prepped for their first service, simple things like stocking the entirely empty buffet (which takes a few hours) so they can't just suddenly be thrown into service one morning. Also Victoria sidings opens very soon and with those in use it becomes an awful lot easier to stable, prep and operate the 745s without having them go into Crown Point so waiting for that might be preferable.

Fingers crossed that Victoria sidings is all we are waiting for.

trebor79

Established Member
Eh? By definition none of the class 90 diagrams involve 321s!
Victoria Sidings are just for stabling. As Crown Point has been rebuilt for the Stadler fleet I'd hazard a guess it's the LHCS that will stable there during the transition.
I posit it's no more complicated that substituting a 745 for a class 90 diagram.

TheEdge

Established Member
Eh? By definition none of the class 90 diagrams involve 321s!

More a positioning issue accounting for the 321 diagrams.

Victoria Sidings are just for stabling. As Crown Point has been rebuilt for the Stadler fleet I'd hazard a guess it's the LHCS that will stable there during the transition.

Your guess is wrong. It's FLIRTs and 720s in there only, nothing else.

I posit it's no more complicated that substituting a 745 for a class 90 diagram.

It's a matter of picking the right diagram...

dk1

Veteran Member
002 now has all its 'Do not board I'm on test' banners removed from doors and windows.

dk1

Veteran Member
As The Edge states, these are for 720/745s hence no expense spared in construction and full electrification of all four roads. Use of it for LHCS would be frowned upon due to running round on the mainline and propelling in.

trebor79

Established Member
As The Edge states, these are for 720/745s hence no expense spared in construction and full electrification of all four roads. Use of it for LHCS would be frowned upon due to running round on the mainline and propelling in.
Ah yes, had forgotten that detail!
Still don't believe my reference to 321 is relevant, it's not as if any of the LHCS transmogrifies into a bin for part of the day...

dk1

Veteran Member
Is it because the driver would have to climb down onto the track to enter/leave the 90?
You could use two drivers as we do to shunt into the Low Level from the station or just the one if driving in from the DVT but these are not always in the rake of Mk3s going off lease.

dk1

Veteran Member
Maybe double bubble? 06:00 up and down?
I would be very surprised but you never know. There are photos of a ROG 37 dragging a 745 today. Would this have been what went to Bounds Green for something? GA don't stable stock there.

dk1

Veteran Member
Mystery solved. 005 went to Bounds Green for tyre turning today & 003 is next for this. 002 will be in traffic from tomorrow all being well & 006 later in the week as both have been accepted by GA.

Railperf

Established Member
Mystery solved. 005 went to Bounds Green for tyre turning today & 003 is next for this. 002 will be in traffic from tomorrow all being well & 006 later in the week as both have been accepted by GA.
I was about to ask whether it might be for tyre turning lol?

Railperf

Established Member
Any indication as to which diagram?

43 302

Established Member
I just passed a 745 at Hatfield Peverel.
And I believe 002 is on 1P18, 10:00 LST to NRW

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.