• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 86/6 locomotives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ANTONOV 12BP

Vast majority of the fleet still remain parked at Basford Hall. Might take a while yet to hear concrete updates regarding their fate

physics34

Established Member
The longer they just sit there rusting away the less likely they will run again. Not hopeful.

ExRes

Established Member
The longer they just sit there rusting away the less likely they will run again. Not hopeful.

If I remember rightly they were all virtually knackered and in need of major renewal work, somebody has to pay for that and, somehow, find a pool of spare parts to keep them running, I doubt 60 year old electric locos are a reasonable bet for that financial investment

uww11x

The industry is waiting on the 99's. If the 99s are successful then other companies will follow

cj_1985

Assuming the exact class 99 spec is able to be resold... rights to specifics may stay with GB/Beacon

Remember the exact class 220/221 design was held by Virgin... with other buyers having to make various alterations

D365

Veteran Member
Assuming the exact class 99 spec is able to be resold... rights to specifics may stay with GB/Beacon
I highly doubt there's any scenario in which Stadler would be prevented from selling further Eurodual locos based on the Class 99 platform.

Energy

Established Member

Remember the exact class 220/221 design was held by Virgin... with other buyers having to make various alterations
The class 99 looks very similar to the HVLE Stadler eurodual over in Europe with the headlights being the most noticeable difference.

I believe Virgin paid industrial designers to design the front of the pendolinos and voyagers and as such they would be paid royalties should it be reused.

The class 196s (197s), 745/755 (756) and 800/801s (802, 805, 807) have all had their front ends be reused by the manufacturer on another order for another operator.

cj_1985

The class 99 looks very similar to the HVLE Stadler eurodual over in Europe with the headlights being the most noticeable difference.

I believe Virgin paid industrial designers to design the front of the pendolinos and voyagers and as such they would be paid royalties should it be reused.

The class 196s (197s), 745/755 (756) and 800/801s (802, 805, 807) have all had their front ends be reused by the manufacturer on another order for another operator.

Never said it'd just be the physical side that the design could be copy writen by GB/Beacon

Energy

Established Member
Never said it'd just be the physical side that the design could be copy writen by GB/Beacon
Then what side are you talking about? The software one?

I'd be suprised if any of it is copy written by GBRf or Beacon. Software, design etc. would be all owned by Stadler.

Status
Not open for further replies.