• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 86 & grey coaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bangor-toad

Hi there,
Had to go to London today and went past Wembley depot. Usual mix of stuff worth looking at, even saw the Euston-Preston LHCS service hiding out to one side...

In the middle of the yard though was something I've never seen before. It was a class 86 (I think) in battered Intercity Livery connected to 4 grey coaches. They looked fairly modern (ie Mk3) but they had a small number of about equally spaced square windows rather than anything more conventional. I think the windows may have been barred but I couldn't see that well.

Anybody know what this consist was?
Cheers,
Jason

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

86213 and the ex-Nightstar generator vans. Wonder if they are still fitted with TDM-Dreadful!

bangor-toad

Thanks!
Yep - that's what they were. I'd never seen them before and wondered what they would be doing there.

Cheers,
Jason

Established Member
The genny coaches have been at Wembley for well over a year now, not always visible as they have been moved around a bit.

As for 86213, I have lost track of how long that has been there - at least four years at a guess, looking in need of a repaint now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.