• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Community Shield on Sunday 11 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

flymo

Established Member
Are there any extras or specials or anything out of the ordinary to and from the North-West of England and London for the game at Wembley at 2pm on Sunday.?

I guess as it is a Sunday there may be engineering works to hamper the flow of the supporters but at least the timing of the game is not too bad....right??

Manchester Utd vs Wigan should bring a few of the faithful to Wembley, could be a a busier Sunday than normal on the WCML

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class377

And bear in mind it's against Man Utd so the vast majority of fans will be coming from London anyway!

pemma

Veteran Member
Wigan have only sold 5500 tickets for the game so there might be an unusually low crowd on Sunday.

5500 people would fill up plenty of Pendolinos though.

Northern Rail are putting on a number of 142's for the Wigan fans

The last few Sundays a number of the Chester-Southport via Wigan services have been 4 carriages. There have been a number of things recently that would have influenced loadings on those services including the RHS Tatton Show, England vs Australia at Old Trafford and the heatwave resulting in more people heading for the seaside.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Putting on One 142 will create too much capacity!

Be realistic! A 142 is small and only provides enough capacity for the people who serve the pies. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Darandio

Established Member
Rumours are that Singapore Airlines have had to hire in several extra aircraft for the match.......

Cherry_Picker

Established Member
5500 people would fill up plenty of Pendolinos though.

Oh, I don't dispute that for a second I just think it is a relevant point when the club are entitled to 35,000 tickets. I'm not sure how many Wigan fans will go by train though, I've been told at work that as a rule of thumb about 20% of fans will go to the game on the train so you might see a thousand or so Wigan fans wishing to travel up to London on the train on Sunday morning. Compare that to what might have been if City had won the FA cup or Manchester United had been given an allocation of 50 or 60k for the game and I think it is safe to say the trains will be more lightly loaded than people might have expected.

flymo

Established Member
isn't Sunday the 11th August?

Oops, no idea why I put the 9th. :oops: fixed.

I just thought there may be a few more people than normal travelling on Sunday due to the time of the match with a 2pm kick off.
If it was normally a busy day for travel there may have scope been something extra running. Perhaps not though.

Status
Not open for further replies.