• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Commuting from Three Bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZebraCrossing

Hi
Hope someone can help and that I'm posting in the right place.

So, we are seriously considering making the move from north London to West Sussex. Both my husband and I would need to commute from Three Bridges to City Thameslink.

Please can anyone advise, firstly would we get a seat at Three Bridges if we got on the train between 6.30am and 7am? At what time would we need to get on the train to get a seat?

Also, does anyone know how difficult it is to park at the station, are there plenty of car spaces?

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

James Wake

I also commute from Three Bridges, mainly on Southern services to Clapham Junction. One of my railway society members catches the 0602 to Farringdon and he says he always gets a seat. The 0734 and 0756 when I have used them have been busy, occasional chance of a seat on the 0756. Car park is quite big, usually spaces as far as I know. Coming home you should be OK boarding at City Thameslink, tends to be a fair bit of passenger exchange at East Croydon.

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
More trains and capacity as the Thameslink programme delivers from 2016 onwards. Seriously.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
... and quicker peak journey times (to City TL) from May 2018, by about 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.