• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 642 (Steam working hard) :: Voting

Votes: 1 3.2%

Votes: 3 9.7%

Votes: 4 12.9%

Votes: 5 16.1%

Votes: 9 29.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 22.6%

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Teaboy1

Indeed it is hard to choose a winner .... ! Eventually went for #8, good powerful shot, I know where it is and it would indeed have been a sound to behold, nice winter shot aswell.

Well I am 99% certain its approaching Royd Moor summit (Swinton & Knottingley line) and was taken from foot-bridge near to new by-pass. Nice location IMHO

Last edited:

VTPreston_Tez

There's only two that actually meet the spec IMHO, I'll pick the one that has a better description because the other pic that meets the spec has such a vague description!

GB

Established Member
There's only two that actually meet the spec IMHO, I'll pick the one that has a better description because the other pic that meets the spec has such a vague description!

There's me thinking this is a photo competition.

VTPreston_Tez

It is, but there is something a bit annoying about a vague description (location and traction being the main items)

Yeah. The description helped me this week determine where the photo was taken and whether steam was actually working hard. It also lets you identify what train was what, useful when you don't know much about steam.

Indeed it is hard to choose a winner .... ! Eventually went for #8, good powerful shot, I know where it is and it would indeed have been a sound to behold, nice winter shot aswell.

Well I am 99% certain its approaching Royd Moor summit (Swinton & Knottingley line) and was taken from foot-bridge near to new by-pass. Nice location IMHO

Sorry it's the other 1%.

It was taken at Beighton junction on the Chesterfield to Sheffield freight line

Not much of a summit but an impressive sight

Jordy

Established Member
Congrats to curly42

thumb_steam.jpg

01 - Trainfan344
02 - K9-70
03 - EltonRoad
04 - eastwestdivide
05 - curly42
06 - Crossover
07 - Temple Meads
08 - Meridian richard
09 - Simon Poole

Teaboy1

Sorry it's the other 1%.

It was taken at Beighton junction on the Chesterfield to Sheffield freight line

Not much of a summit but an impressive sight

Thank goodness I did not commit the final 1%, the zoom in bit does reveal differences so I live to write another day !! Nice pic all the same, shame it did not win. Bet it sounded great though.
TB1

Status
Not open for further replies.