• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Conductor position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timpg

Good afternoon

I was just curious of the minimum age requirement for conductor positions. Specifically GA positions.

Thank you in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Timpg

It's normally 18 for conductors.
That’s what I thought.
My 17yr old daughter has applied and been invited to an online assessment.
Just didn’t want her to get her hopes up if she’s too young bless her.

skyhigh

Established Member
That’s what I thought.
My 17yr old daughter has applied and been invited to an online assessment.
Just didn’t want her to get her hopes up if she’s too young bless her.
Depends how close she is to 18 really. Railway recruitment can easily take 6+ months to give a start date, so if you're not far off 18 they may consider you. I imagine date of birth would have been supplied on the application form and if they felt she was too young she would have been filtered out immediately.

Timpg

Depends how close she is to 18 really. Railway recruitment can easily take 6+ months to give a start date, so if you're not far off 18 they may consider you. I imagine date of birth would have been supplied on the application form and if they felt she was too young she would have been filtered out immediately.
She’ll be 18 July next year so quite a way off.
I work for GA myself but can’t seem to find a definitive answer to my question lol!!
I suppose she can continue with her application and see where it takes, even if she’s successful and placed into a talent pool. It’s one step in the right direction for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.