• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cricket

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
With the score at 525-6, Buttler facing a bowling change was fortunate not to be out first ball of the over, almost playing on from a poorly judged shot against Ishat which went for 4 then was deceived by the line of the next ball, which just clipped the top of the stumps. When you have reached a score of 30, with not long left in the day, you do not throw your wicket away like that.

In comes Archer next ball with the score now 525-7 and first ball he faced he was deceived by a good in-swinger from Ishat, playing late and playing on.

England now 525-8 and Ishat finds himself on a hat-trick.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Joe Root is now third highest England run scorer in tests, having overtaken Alec Stewart. In second place is Graham Gooch, 433 runs ahead, so potentially within range in this tour.

Joe has the best test average since Ken Barrington over fifty years ago.

Yep good to see his average back over 50 again, having had a less brilliant couple of years. Back to his best now.

DelW

Established Member
England win by 227 runs in the afternoon session, at just after 8am GMT.

What a great match (from an England viewpoint at least) to restart Channel 4's terrestrial TV coverage. Let's hope the viewing figures justify it happening more often in the future.

This morning I woke up around 6.15 and heard India were six down at lunch. Deciding that if I wanted to watch live cricket today I needed to get a move on, I was in front of the TV with tea in hand by the restart at 6.40. Earliest I've got up in a year but well worth it!

Well done especially to Joe Root, Jack Leach and Jimmy Anderson - a great effort. There'll be tough matches to come no doubt, but a cracking start to the series.

kje7812

India 300-6. Mostly India's day though their scorecard is rather one-sided with Rohit scoring 167. Root was bowling very nicely, looked like he was about a wicket at any moment.

Darandio

Established Member
The Kohli wicket was a priceless moment, he couldn't believe it had happened. What a ball!

geoffk

Established Member
A good day's cricket and India will feel they had the better of it as the pitch will get harder to play in the next few days. Looking forward to the day-night test as it will be on at a civilised time for us in UK!

Mikey C

Established Member
There did seem to be quite a number of wickets falling from both sides on the second day of a Test Match. Has this particular pitch a reputation for not lasting well in previous Test Matches played there?
It's the same venue as the 1st Test which lasted 5 days, but a very different pitch. A definite "home advantage" pitch!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
well, well, well: someone put a rocket under the England team. Great bowling performance. 99-3 to 145 all out. Impressive.

Obviously England will be bowled out for 57. The turn is pretty impressive for 4 sessions! This test could be over today.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Innings and a couple of runs defeat on the cards I think?

Never mind my stream's caught up now. Clearly we're going to storm to three hundred from here :lol:

Oh no this time he is out because he's been bowled. I return to my previous statement that a defeat by an innings and couple of runs is on here.

DelW

Established Member
Innings defeat now avoided but still very tense watching. Appeals and reviews aplenty.

DelW

Established Member
The ground will likely be saving on their electricity bill. It doesn't look like they'll need to turn on the floodlights today, let alone for the next three days...

At least the weather forecast is good for the weekend, since I won't be spending it watching cricket :'(

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
England all out for 81 so India need 49 to win. We have a two day test ladies and gentlemen!