• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross City Line bridge replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartare

Hi all
Long time listener, first time caller here. You have a wonderful community with lots of helpful and (incredibly) knowledgeable souls, it’s been lovely to read.
Anyway, now that’s out of the way I just wanted to share this video of a bridge replacement on the Cross City Line near Lichfield. I had wondered what the build up of material nearby over the preceding weeks had been in aid of, and now I know. It’s neat video if you can excuse the jangly music:
https://lichfieldlive.co.uk/2020/01...or-lichfield-southern-bypass-was-carried-out/

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

daikilo

Established Member
Interesting one piece bridge abuttments, not seen that before.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Interesting one piece bridge abuttments, not seen that before.
It looks to me like they aren’t true abutments, but separate retaining walls for the embankments. The weight of the bridge will be taken by the four cylindrical concrete pillars, I suspect they had been built in an earlier phase?

Status
Not open for further replies.