• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross-City Line

L+Y

I seem to remember when visiting grandparents (so before 2013) there being regular semi-fast trains from Lichfield City alongside the stoppers. Does anybody have any timetables from the era?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Springs Branch

Established Member
Does anybody have any timetables from the era?
The attached pdf is Table 69 from the May 2012 National Rail Timetable (Lichfield - Brum - Redditch).

This doesn't seem to show any regular all-day limited stop Lichfield services (unless you count trains regularly skipping Shenstone and/or Duddeston)

Subsequent years up to 2016 (when my collection runs out) showed the same all / most stops pattern of services on the Cross-City line.

Attachments

• Table 069.pdf
    361.7 KB · Views: 15

gg1

Established Member
I used to be a semi regular user of the southern half of the Cross City line around that time, I don't recall there being scheduled limited stop services on the route but it wasn't uncommon for some services to run as such when there were delays on the line.

LowLevel

Established Member
The Southern end I think has always been all stations, except the odd peak time calls at Barnt Green on the Worcester line trains and the former XC calls at Bromsgrove which were all removed.

The Northern end had a couple of limited stop services heading south in the morning peak only. I seem to recall the Four Oaks starter was one of a handful of trains that worked to/from Wolverhampton which ended when Wolves stopping trains went fully 350.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
The Southern end I think has always been all stations, except the odd peak time calls at Barnt Green on the Worcester line trains and the former XC calls at Bromsgrove which were all removed.

in the mid 90s, Leaving aside those that skipped Duddeston, there were two trains to Brum in the morning peak that weren’t all stations. One arrived Birmingham around 0750, having skipped (I think) only Gravelly ‘ill, the other skipped Chester Road, Erdington and Gravely ill, arriving New St 0838 IIRC. Both skipped Duddeston.