• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross Country Loco Help on March 13th '15

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoffers

Hi all,

I need your help please . . .

Returning on a Cross Country train from Exeter to York this aft I'm sure we passed 50017 Royal Oak in NSE livery and perhaps a 47 coupled to it in sidings a couple of miles outside Cheltenham Spa Station. Can anyone confirm, please?

Also stabled in sidings at Derby were two Railfreight liveried 20s - anyone know which two they are?

Saw all of this today, 13th March

Cheers
Tony H

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
From a photo posted by a friend on FB, the two locos sound like "Network SouthEast 50017" (as you described) and coupled to "British Rail 50007". Not seen anything about the 20s though!

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Class 20s were probably 20118 and 20132 which are used by GBRF on S-Stock underground stock moves.

fgwrich

Established Member
From a photo posted by a friend on FB, the two locos sound like "Network SouthEast 50017" (as you described) and coupled to "British Rail 50007". Not seen anything about the 20s though!

Class 20s were probably 20118 and 20132 which are used by GBRF on S-Stock underground stock moves.

Correct, the 50s were sent to Gloucester yard to presumably pick up the errant Colas Rail Coal Hopper which derailed in the yard last week and take it up to Washwood Heath to be worked on.

20s would be 118/132 as they are at the moment the only pair on the mainline in RailFreight red stripe. The others are of course in BR Blue, London Underground, GBRF, HNRC Orange, DRS & Balfour Beatty. Nice to see 118 working it's keep, a favourite of mine on the SDR. The others are of course in BR Blue, GBRF, HNRC Orange,

hoffers

Correct, the 50s were sent to Gloucester yard to presumably pick up the errant Colas Rail Coal Hopper which derailed in the yard last week and take it up to Washwood Heath to be worked on.

20s would be 118/132 as they are at the moment the only pair on the mainline in RailFreight red stripe. The others are of course in BR Blue, London Underground, GBRF, HNRC Orange, DRS & Balfour Beatty. Nice to see 118 working it's keep, a favourite of mine on the SDR. The others are of course in BR Blue, GBRF, HNRC Orange,

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

TH

Status
Not open for further replies.