• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross Country Psychometric Standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elton123

Hello All,

First post so apologies if this has been asked on this forum before.

does anyone know whether Cross Country want the National or Enhanced pass rate for trainee drivers?

i cant seem to find any information on this.

Thanks in advance.

E

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AgentGemini

One thing for sure: "enhanced" varies between TOCs. You have National Standard, and then TOC A's "enhanced" could be higher than TOC B's "enhanced" requirements.

What do you mean by tight lipped about the difference?
They won't disclose how close you were to making the enhanced grade, if you sat assessments for a TOC/FOC that requires an enhanced pass but passed to national. Awaiting a feedback call regarding my recent assessments so I can't really comment on what they can or can't say with any degree of certainty.

NorthernTech

They won't disclose how close you were to making the enhanced grade, if you sat assessments for a TOC/FOC that requires an enhanced pass but passed to national. Awaiting a feedback call regarding my recent assessments so I can't really comment on what they can or can't say with any degree of certainty.
Tight lipped about all of it to be fair, nobody knows the pass standard for any of the tests whether it be standard or enhanced. You can roughly guess what some of the tests will pass with by what people say they were getting when they practiced, but it’s still a best-guess scenario. The thing to do, is practice what you can so that you are best prepared, if you can do it, you will pass, but not everyone will, which I’m afraid is the point of testing.

SLee

It’s a strange thing this enhanced pass rate, I mean it seems that more ask for enhanced now, so if enhanced is the more standard requirement then really it means the it’s now pretty much the ‘national standard’

I did psychometrics for the trams, then recently passed to enhanced for a TOC. Each time I thought I had failed but actually passed.

I was the only one on my assessment day that made it to the MMI at the end of the day and there was a few that were feeling fairly confident but obviously they got sent home.

It’s hard to say what makes you good at it, I’ve not experienced failing at them but I almost expected to.

For me I felt the best thing I could do was get a good nights sleep and stay as calm as possible and I only practiced the group bourdon.

Jaguar

Hello All,

First post so apologies if this has been asked on this forum before.

does anyone know whether Cross Country want the National or Enhanced pass rate for trainee drivers?

i cant seem to find any information on this.

Thanks in advance.

E
Hello elton, apologies that this is in the wrong thread but I can’t seem to send a message personally. I have been applying for trainee driver and conductor for a few years now and until I found your post on the positive and negative indicators for the DMI interview I’ve had nothing. I’m at the final stage for conductor and close to driver. Please could you send me a link for, or send me the positive and negative indicators northern are looking for for all the non technical skills? The one you posted on here on problem solving has been so helpful for me and thank you so much for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.