• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crosscountry - Apprentice Drivers - Multiple Depots (12/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EX-Counsel

I can't imagine it would be possible to add a cover letter to the application after it had been submitted. It's worth a try though, let us know how you get on!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Newapplicant

I can't imagine it would be possible to add a cover letter to the application after it had been submitted. It's worth a try though, let us know how you get on!

Funnily enough, it did. It's on there now.

Just wanted to add one stating Leeds so they knew where I was applying for.

EX-Counsel

Tidy! did you add the document to your profile? i.e. the same place where your CV would be attached? or was there an option to add to your application?

Newapplicant

There is a button on the application homepage which states 'add new file' when you click it you can either remove your old CV, or add either qualifications or 'other' document. So I added to the 'other' section and titled my cover letter as such.

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Think maybe they’re doing a few depots at a time ??
It could be any way they like - by application number, surname, depot, random...

I've applied for Derby and heard nothing yet others have invite to assessment, bes to not even try and work out how they are doing it and just wait

I'm also waiting, had nothing apart from the system administrator email plus a further email saying it may take another 2 weeks, that was end of January. I haven't heard anything from any of the conductor/train manager applications either.

ratbag

I'm also waiting, had nothing apart from the system administrator email plus a further email saying it may take another 2 weeks, that was end of January. I haven't heard anything from any of the conductor/train manager applications either.
XC are one of the worst when it comes to contact. They are well known for not corresponding to basic requests. Ivory tower would be the wrong description. More like aloof and dismissive, as their time, and coffee breaks are more important than responding to a general enquiry regarding ZERO contact in 6 months. XC do not update portals like Arriva trains/buses do, or like Chiltern. A bunch of lazy s##ts, and that's the long and short of it, who prefer the approach of ZERO contact means "you were unsuccessful, or we'll get to you in due time, but you won't have a clue when". XC believe replying to 10% of applicants is them informing all applicants.

TheAnswer89

Lets be honest. Most of people send them useless information that they don't really care about anyway. All TOCs are pretty much the same in that regard. When you get through all stages you will get direct contact to recruiter, but till then be prepared for 0 contact and you can send that emails to yourself, because you won't get a reply anyway.

NorthernTech

XC are one of the worst when it comes to contact. They are well known for not corresponding to basic requests. Ivory tower would be the wrong description. More like aloof and dismissive, as their time, and coffee breaks are more important than responding to a general enquiry regarding ZERO contact in 6 months. XC do not update portals like Arriva trains/buses do, or like Chiltern. A bunch of lazy s##ts, and that's the long and short of it, who prefer the approach of ZERO contact means "you were unsuccessful, or we'll get to you in due time, but you won't have a clue when". XC believe replying to 10% of applicants is them informing all applicants.
Hard to disagree with that. Next to useless at keeping people informed. Two applications in and not even received confirmation of application never mind anything else, yet portal shows Application In Process.

Last edited:

Ashley872

Afternoon all, hope you’re staying safe in this wind!

Anybody heard back yet? Still no assessment email yet, and I have checked my junk email.

Anybody else heard anything yet?

Diedinium

Afternoon all, hope you’re staying safe in this wind!

Anybody heard back yet? Still no assessment email yet, and I have checked my junk email.

Anybody else heard anything yet?
I haven't heard anything either...

Fingers crossed that we'll get the online assessment invites next week.

Last edited:

NorthernTech

It would be better practice for them to perhaps ensure all applicants receive an initial email to show application is submitted/received and then when the holding/update emails are sent out, they go out to all who are In Process still, not a random few. This would be more professional helpful and seem less haphazard than it has so far.

Last edited:

AgentGemini

Hard to disagree with the sentiments given they had projected January etc schools and noone has heard anything, but I suspect it may be unwise to publically slate them on this forum. The railway industry is more than aware of this forum - as informed when I sat an OPC Psychometric session - and if they can match up individuals to posts, well, that may be awkward.

I suspect XC are starting to stir however, given other social media platforms...

D Rivers

Hard to disagree with the sentiments given they had projected January etc schools and noone has heard anything, but I suspect it may be unwise to publically slate them on this forum. The railway industry is more than aware of this forum - as informed when I sat an OPC Psychometric session - and if they can match up individuals to posts, well, that may be awkward.

I suspect XC are starting to stir however, given other social media platforms...
Where have you seen stuff??

bcfc171081

I really wouldn’t slate the company on a public forum!! Besides the email clearly says “you will now receive a email from our assessment partner OPC”

So patience people!! It will come next week I’m sure.

NorthernTech

Maybe you could just say where you have seen such posts

Newapplicant

I really wouldn’t slate the company on a public forum!! Besides the email clearly says “you will now receive a email from our assessment partner OPC”

So patience people!! It will come next week I’m sure.
I have to say that I couldn't agree with this more.

Everyone just needs to be patient and wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.