• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crosscountry - Apprentice Drivers - Multiple Depots (12/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TacoTraveller

I had apps in for both B'ham and Derby. Derby is still showing 'in process' but my Birmingham application disappearing has surprised me. Not because I was expecting to progress but, as mentioned previously, there was some suggestion that Birmingham maybe a prioritised depot (as per posts #321 & #328).
Yeah mine still says in process, but I'm not holding out any hope for a response. I think it's been too long and it'll just disappear soon

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Diedinium

Had my interview now, and I think it went really well!

Can provide some closure for people in this thread perhaps though. They've apparently had over 1000 applicants across the country, 440 in the Bristol area alone!

They've already whittled it down from the people who passed the RAAT of who they are going to do interviews for, so potentially at this point if you haven't heard anything you're not going to.

LeeMck9

Can provide some closure for people in this thread perhaps though. They've apparently had over 1000 applicants across the country, 440 in the Bristol area alone!

They've already whittled it down from the people who passed the RAAT of who they are going to do interviews for, so potentially at this point if you haven't heard anything you're not going to.
Thanks for the update, good luck with your application.

I haven’t heard of anyone getting an interview for Newcastle so maybe they don’t require drivers there?

SCDR_WMR

Established Member

There's never a trainee train driver job that doesn't get over 1000 applications, it's not excuse to not send out emails confirming end of process.

class 9

From May, there's a big rejigging of diagrams and some routes take off various depots, this apparently will result in a surplus of 97 Drivers.
How this affects any recruitment remains to be seen.

dereksingh291

On Moderation
From May, there's a big rejigging of diagrams and some routes take off various depots, this apparently will result in a surplus of 97 Drivers.
Would that mean more drivers being recruited or being made redundant?

Ferret

Established Member
As I understand it, 2023’s recruitment drive is under review. A lot can happen between now and then in terms of pax demand driving service reinstatement, but they have recruited in locations where there isn’t really the work to justify the need, resulting in paying people to be at home. No compulsory redundancies until December 2022 has been agreed, but I expect the Treasury will be looking on with interest. God knows what Sir John Harvey-Jones would’ve made of it in his Troubleshooting role….

Diedinium

Well, quite frankly, that sucks.

Raikkonen7

I passed the DMI and was offered several dates to do driver assessments, however, I’ve got in date passes, so I’ve been notified that I won’t have to do them again.

Thinking positively, you’d like to think they wouldn’t be putting people through assessments if they were going to stop the process due to the information above. Could be wrong though.

Ferret

Established Member
I passed the DMI and was offered several dates to do driver assessments, however, I’ve got in date passes, so I’ve been notified that I won’t have to do them again.

Thinking positively, you’d like to think they wouldn’t be putting people through assessments if they were going to stop the process due to the information above. Could be wrong though.
As I understand it, there is a requirement to train drivers for New St at the very least, so if you’re after a job there, then I expect it will still happen.

SD1

Hi have you had an email confirming your date and what tests you have to do?

D Rivers

I passed DMI and psychometrics with XC in 2020. I’m still no nearer.

Raikkonen7

As I understand it, there is a requirement to train drivers for New St at the very least, so if you’re after a job there, then I expect it will still happen.
Good to know. Unfortunately, I’m not for New St.

I passed DMI and psychometrics with XC in 2020. I’m still no nearer.
Ah that’s frustrating. No timeframe given?

Anyone on here been told they were successful at interview?

Diedinium

Good to know. Unfortunately, I’m not for New St.

Ah that’s frustrating. No timeframe given?

Anyone on here been told they were successful at interview?
I did my interview about a week and a half ago, still no word back yet on if I was successful or not - really wanna hear at this point, either way. I thought it went well, but that persistent self doubt is now starting to set in...

SD1

Hi all just wondered if anyone has recieved an assessment day invite?

Raikkonen7

Hi all just wondered if anyone has recieved an assessment day invite?
Got offered dates for April, but I’ve already passed them this year with another company, so was told that I don’t have to do them. Haven’t heard anything since.

Raikkonen7

As I’ve previously said, I don’t need to do the assessments as I’ve got in date passes. I got offered an assortment of dates this month. I’m hoping to now be offered a medical, but in light of some previous posts, who knows when/if that’ll happen.

When’s your assessment day?
Have you been offered one mate?

Last edited:

Diedinium

Figured I should post an update here.

Found out I'm not going through to psychometric testing - apparently I interviewed well... but so did many of the other candidates as well (also, a large % of them are internal... so yeah). Only 4 are getting sent on to psychometric testing, so I guess I'm not one of the lucky ones this time.

So, if you've been for an interview and haven't heard anything yet, I recommend you contact HR (should be contact details in the interview invitation email) and find out - as I wouldn't have known this if I didn't reach out and talk to them.

(This is all for the Bristol catchment area/depot by the way)

Newapplicant

Anyone heard anything off xc recently? Just wondered if theirs any progression at all!

Nope, I'm still shown at the 'Application Under Consideration' stage and I've not heard anything since paper sift so I'm expecting the worst at this stage.

Ah well..!

NorthernTech

I found my old email from XC when I applied last Feb. It said, thanks for applying etc etc, and that I’d hear back within 2-4 weeks! Lol.. :lol: Job eventually just disappeared off the portal about a month or so back. No courtesy email, nothing. If their systems are good enough to remove the job from those candidates that have applied, it’s good enough to at least send out an email to say thanks but no thanks.

class 9

From the May timetable change, all Driver diagrams have been rejigged, according to management this will result in a surplus of 97 existing Drivers.
Recruitment is being reviewed, this may result in no trainee Drivers being taken on in the near future.

EmmD

From the May timetable change, all Driver diagrams have been rejigged, according to management this will result in a surplus of 97 existing Drivers.
Recruitment is being reviewed, this may result in no trainee Drivers being taken on in the near future.
Reviewed from 2023

dereksingh291

On Moderation
Recruitment is being reviewed, this may result in no trainee Drivers being taken on in the near future

Why won’t any trainee drivers be taken on in the near future and what is meant by the term surplus?

Status
Not open for further replies.