• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ST156

With that set returning south, it sounds like by this evening the full XC HST/Mk3 Fleet will be at Laira, except 43184 and 43304 (spares for the tour) at Neville Hill.

So to summarise...no HST southbound on Monday, and only the late northbound working?

So on that basis, yes, nothing southbound and one northbound working tomorrow.

justin1123

Does anyone know the situation with seats on this train? I will travel with an open first ticket and tried to book a seat from Plymouth up to Sheffield. No seats available to book (in first or standard).
Will it be fully booked, or are XC just not taking res?

Yes. Last XC HST in public revenue earning service will be the 16:27 off Plymouth on Monday.

alistairlees

Established Member
Does anyone know the situation with seats on this train? I will travel with an open first ticket and tried to book a seat from Plymouth up to Sheffield. No seats available to book (in first or standard).
Will it be fully booked, or are XC just not taking res?
I just checked. It is open for reservations and most seats are available to reserve between Plymouth and Leeds for the entire journey.

If you already have a ticket you can make a reservation only at GWR.com.

irish_rail

Established Member
When you contrast GWRs end of intercity HSTs with several departures on final day (a saturday) this is rather a damp squib. Sure you have a tour, but that's no good to the vast majority and will be full of managers, journalists and dignitaries, no good to the common man! I kind of dread to think what that train will be like tomorrow , glad I'm not booked to travel on it work wise as it'll be a riot surely.

class 9

Additional HST today!!
1Z52 1212 New Street to Plymouth, utilising the set that's currently running 5Z43 Neville Hill to Laira. PCs 366/303.

justin1123

I just checked. It is open for reservations and most seats are available to reserve between Plymouth and Leeds for the entire journey.

If you already have a ticket you can make a reservation only at GWR.com.

I tried on gwr.com, and it makes reservations but says no seats available - "Seat reservation(s) have not been possible for your chosen service.".
In both first and standard.
Any thoughts?

MattyJames

I wonder if they'll take the same approach as EMR did with their last HST service by asking passengers to que for that specific service.

alistairlees

Established Member
I tried on gwr.com, and it makes reservations but says no seats available - "Seat reservation(s) have not been possible for your chosen service.".
In both first and standard.
Any thoughts?
I just checked and you are correct. Although many seats are unreserved, it's not allowing reservations for the remaining seats, giving only "counted places" reservations for ticket purchases.

In 1st, currently unreserved are:
A3
A4
A7
A36
A38
B1 to B16 (except B9 and B10)

tobiast

Additional HST today!!
1Z52 1212 New Street to Plymouth, utilising the set that's currently running 5Z43 Neville Hill to Laira. PCs 366/303.
Thanks for the info - this may be my last chance to see a HST near me in daylight!

Liam L

Additional HST today!!

Was out for the set anyway, however nice added bonus it was in service :D

Attachments

• DSC_1288.JPG
    DSC_1288.JPG
    459.8 KB · Views: 61

justin1123

When will we know for sure (other than at the platform!) that it's an HST tomorrow from Plymouth? Checking RTT now shows booked as hst but no formation yet, but the onward from Leeds to depot is shown as voyager... what's the best source to know for sure (before positioning for it!)

alistairlees

Established Member
When will we know for sure (other than at the platform!) that it's an HST tomorrow from Plymouth? Checking RTT now shows booked as hst but no formation yet, but the onward from Leeds to depot is shown as voyager... what's the best source to know for sure (before positioning for it!)
It’s a fix, so it’s a certainty, barring a breakdown.

Dood75

RTT *usually* shows the following days XC allocations around 11/1130pm , though if its like 1V44 for yesterday, it wasnt showing at all..this may be the case for 1E73 tomorrow

1627 (1E73) is showing a 5 car voyager, the same one coming down on 1V44 with no ECS booked in from Laira

XCTurbostar

Established Member
1627 (1E73) is showing a 5 car voyager, the same one coming down on 1V44 with no ECS booked in from Laira
Keep an eye on it, it should set swap at Plymouth to put the charter stock in the right place.

PhoenixWing101

I assume since RTT knows 1V50 is a Voyager it automatically assumes 1E73 is also the same Voyager.

I think at this point I'm hoping more than assuming tbh

Snow1964

Established Member

It appears XC are running via Bath, Westbury and Castle Cary instead of Bristol-Taunton direct this week. Can't see any XC HST workings.

Although if you want rare sight of HST in Wiltshire, this looks like one

crosscity

I don't think I'd be mithering too much about what's in RTT just now. An ECS working was plucked out of the hat today which turned into the last southbound HST public working from New St to Plymouth.

It's been some months since we first heard that the last CC HST in public service would be the 16:27 Plymouth-Leeds routed via Westbury.
Relax! I should think there are enough staff in CC and NR who are sufficiently motivated and interested that they will make sure the last HST planned actually runs tomorrow.

ST156

Plot twist: 1S53, 12.27 Plymouth to Edinburgh is now allocated as a HST - 43007 & 43008.

Status
Not open for further replies.