• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry HST lease to continue beyond October?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Train Boy

Whilst I was out & about on XC HST`s last week, I overheard a train manager saying there had been discussions about extending the deadline past October. Anyone else heard this ?
Same story as yourself in truth, brought up in conversation. December was the speculation.

irish_rail

Established Member
Same story as yourself in truth, brought up in conversation. December was the speculation.
Surely plausible, with GWR ones getting an extension, Laira will surely be able to continue maintenance a while longer id of thought?

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
I understand the last day of regular XC diagrams will be 18 September.
Marvellous :( !

Having typed (rather amended the diagrams on notepad), the 06:45 York - Plymouth and 15:27 Plymouth - Leeds could be the last diagram with a double Voyager running in its place as the 06:06 Edinburgh to Plymouth and 17:23 Plymouth to Leeds.

The 1 HST then can swap with one from Laira.

Martin_1981

XC should be able to keep the HSTs going until such time as they can bring in replacement stock ie Avanti Voyagers when they become available. Otherwise there will be more overcrowding than there is already. Not that the DFT really care.

TheWalrus

Established Member
XC should be able to keep the HSTs going until such time as they can bring in replacement stock ie Avanti Voyagers when they become available. Otherwise there will be more overcrowding than there is already. Not that the DFT really care.
They were leaving passengers behind at Leeds last Sunday on the 5 car Voyager I was on so they will be leaving more behind when the HSTs go. Ridiculous decision.

APT618S

They were leaving passengers behind at Leeds last Sunday on the 5 car Voyager I was on so they will be leaving more behind when the HSTs go. Ridiculous decision.
Could have been the same train I was on. 5-car Voyager on 1V56 0908 Edinburgh - Plymouth was full and standing leaving Newcastle with people left behind at York as well as Leeds were I alighted.

TheWalrus

Established Member
Could have been the same train I was on. 5-car Voyager on 1V56 0908 Edinburgh - Plymouth was full and standing leaving Newcastle with people left behind at York as well as Leeds were I alighted.
Yep we were on the same train! I managed to get a first class seat leaving EDB so I was lucky. Had there been LNER trains to KGX past Sunday I’d have gone that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.