• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Croydon tram disruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
There will be no service to New Addington from December 4, as major improvement work takes place to the line.

Trams will also be suspended from Sandilands from 10pm on Wednesday, December 4, until Sunday, December 8.

From Monday, December 9 until Thursday, December 12, trams will not run between New Addington and Addington Village.

A replacement bus service will run but Coombe Lane tram stop will not be served due to works on the road lasting from December, 4 to December, 9.

There will be signed diversion routes and mobile variable message signs displaying real time and diversion information.

Service will return to normal on December 13.

This is ridiculous. How they expect people on an already busy tram to fit on a bus is beyond me, maybe they will run a Tardis! Plus the roads will be extra crowded as Coombe Lane is closed so the bus will be further delayed. No idea how much earlier I have to leave the house.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ushawk

Established Member
What else do you expect them to run instead ? Work needs to be done - simple as that.

It obviously isnt going to just be 1 bus either, it would be several - with more on standby.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
In GoDAtum's world railways, tramways, highways authorities would never ever need to carry out maintainence or rebuilding.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Tramlink need to do maintenance work and so timetable this with advance warning. They put on a replacement bus service to assist.

No, I'm not seeing what they've done wrong either.

Zoidberg

Established Member
Trams will also be suspended from Sandilands from 10pm on Wednesday, December 4, until Sunday, December 8.

I wonder, will this be by the pantograph or will a more substantial support structure be required?

Manchester77

Established Member
I wonder, will this be by the pantograph or will a more substantial support structure be required?

I would imagine more substantial support is needed :lol:;)

Could the title be changed since disruption is unplanned and cause delay to the planned operation whereas pre planned engineering works improve the system :roll:

radamfi

Established Member
In GoDAtum's world railways, tramways, highways authorities would never ever need to carry out maintainence or rebuilding.

If you look at his blog (see his signature), you can see he is used to the very highest standards in air travel and restaurants, so naturally he won't tolerate anything other than perfection in other things.

Antman

Established Member
This is ridiculous. How they expect people on an already busy tram to fit on a bus is beyond me, maybe they will run a Tardis! Plus the roads will be extra crowded as Coombe Lane is closed so the bus will be further delayed. No idea how much earlier I have to leave the house.

Is work being done on the tram/road crossing? I can't see any other reason Coombe Lane would be closed at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.