• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
You're on the right track with the verb; but have the wrong tense / mode. Off-beam with the other segment. (The unsophisticated" bit is significant -- indicates one of the habits of a certain "tribe" which featured in an entry of yours a little while ago.)

DaleCooper

Established Member
You're on the right track with the verb; but have the wrong tense / mode. Off-beam with the other segment. (The unsophisticated" bit is significant -- indicates one of the habits of a certain "tribe" which featured in an entry of yours a little while ago.)
Ambergate?

Calthrop

Established Member
Ambergate is correct -- "Hamburg ate", as rendered by an H-dropper. Your floor !

Calthrop

Established Member
Bodorgan??? (in which name, the word "bog" has a considerable presence; otherwise, I've no idea :()

Calthrop

Established Member
Please might you learned scientific wallahs explain this last one, to science-moron me? (I take it that chemical symbols and such stuff, are involved.)

Caboose Class

Continuing up the slippery slopes of cryptology....here's one specially for an avid "reader" of our little club:-

Rearrange any English novel

Caboose Class

Harringay Green Lanes?
You are a star, Sir - well done!
Rearrange any English (anagram). Novel was the anagram indicator.
I was just on the point of offering another clue which would have been: - From this station, back in the days, you could have watched Tigers, Canaries & Cheetahs racing. See Harringay Stadium.

Over to you @DaleCooper

DaleCooper

Established Member
You are a star, Sir - well done!
Rearrange any English (anagram). Novel was the anagram indicator.
I was just on the point of offering another clue which would have been: - From this station, back in the days, you could have watched Tigers, Canaries & Cheetahs racing. See Harringay Stadium.

Over to you @DaleCooper
Thank you, next clue:

Is this the route for Ely cathedral?