• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CV and emergency rail repairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howardh

Established Member
I assume scheduled repairs/improvements to rail infrastructure are postponed, but how are companies managing with immediate and necessary repairs (points failure, lines down etc)? Thinking it would be unwise for workers to travel three-to-a-van so more vehicles needed, and the situation on the ground where close contact may be necessary?

Has anyone any experience of this and how are difficulties overcome??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FGW_DID

Established Member
I assume scheduled repairs/improvements to rail infrastructure are postponed, but how are companies managing with immediate and necessary repairs (points failure, lines down etc)? Thinking it would be unwise for workers to travel three-to-a-van so more vehicles needed, and the situation on the ground where close contact may be necessary?

Has anyone any experience of this and how are difficulties overcome??

I had a points failure on the depot on Thursday. Reading S&T attended as normal. Didn't see how many was in the van when they pitched up, I only spoke to the COSS when he asked for a Line Block.

Status
Not open for further replies.