• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dales Rail fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

philthetube

Established Member
Not really advice or policy, but I am intrigued by the Dales rail fare Blackp0ool to Carlisle

Return 31.60, Return on a normal service £37.50.

I am wondering if this is a special fare for this trip, although as a range of tickets are available I suspect not, of it this is actually priced as a cheaper route.

I am just intrigued as to where this fare comes from.

I looked at travelling at other times via Settle route Preston Carnforth Hellifield, and the fare is the same as the west coast main line,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Explained here - only valid on the Sunday morning train in theory - effectively its own routeing.

DalesRail Fares
DalesRail 2021
DalesRail will be able to operate during 2021 and will commence on Sunday 16th May and run until Sunday 12th September 2021. Northern have confirmed a new fares structure and this can be seen below.

Status
Not open for further replies.