• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Davros is Back !!! (Doctor Who)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I also agree that it's gone downhill since David Tennant, who was by far the best doctor to date in my opinion. Like Trainmania100 my favourite episode is blink, which I think is just excellently written.

gordonthemoron

Established Member
I think Peter Capaldi is a good doctor, however the standard of writing does seem to have deteriorated since David Tennant's time

Butts

Veteran Member
Can we at least all agree on one thing.....

Capaldi's successor cannot be a woman <D

All this nonsense about a female Doctor must be knocked on the head right now!!

Heresy I say......:p

ComUtoR

Established Member
Am I the only one who hasn't liked Peter Capaldi. Maybe it has been the writing but he has never really interested me at all.

Bevan Price

Established Member
It's only page five to me so no idea what you're on about! :lol:

I think that page numbers depend on the computer or monitor - it is page 7 for me.

As for Doctor Who - I think it is approaching the time when it needs another break, although hopefully this time, for no more than 2-3 years. Almost all dramas get "a bit tired" after a few years, but, obsessed with ratings, most broadcasters ignore this when something "popular" has become stale or repetitive.

I also wish that some other endless drama series / soaps would take some very long ( or permanent) holidays.

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
Can we at least all agree on one thing.....

Capaldi's successor cannot be a woman <D

All this nonsense about a female Doctor must be knocked on the head right now!!

Heresy I say......:p

It's a possibility, we've seen two on screen examples:

* The Master -> Missy
* Time Lord General -> Time Lady General

Butts

Veteran Member

* The Master -> Missy

Sorry The Doctor himself has to be male as far as I am concerned <(

Before Capaldi goes it would be nice to have a "Five Doctors" tale also featuring Davros and The Daleks and The Cybermen. :idea:

DynamicSpirit

Established Member
Sorry The Doctor himself has to be male as far as I am concerned <(

Before Capaldi goes it would be nice to have a "Five Doctors" tale also featuring Davros and The Daleks and The Cybermen. :idea:

So which one would you choose if you were offered a choice between:
  • Five Doctors' tale along the lines you suggest, but on condition that the Doctor becomes a woman afterwards?
  • Male Doctor, but no Five doctors tale
?

<D

Last edited:

Butts

Veteran Member
So which one would you choose if you were offered a choice between:
  • Five Doctors' tale along the lines you suggest, but on condition that the Doctor becomes a woman afterwards?
  • Male Doctor, but no Five doctors tale
?

<D

If we can have a story that features multiple Doctors, Davros, Daleks and Cybermen no true Whovian would be less than orgasmic about such a prospect.I forgot to mention The Master as well. :lol:

You are far to young to remember when Tom Baker held the two wires but could not go through with joining them together to consign the Daleks to oblivion. The Daleks and in particular Davros their creator are the essence of evil and fundamental to the very future viability of Dr Who.

If such a story were to come to fruition I would allow Davros to temporarily regenerate the Doctor into a female form (as a punishment ;)) for double crossing him in some manner.

Hows that :lol:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think that page numbers depend on the computer or monitor - it is page 7 for me.

It's a setting in User CP under 'Thread Options' you can set how many posts you want displayed per page. I have mine set to 50 the forum default is, I think, 20 hence the disparity.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator

* The Master -> Missy

Quite. There has been clear signposting that the Doctor could be female. It's inevitable at some point, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if that point is coming up pretty soon.

Butts

Veteran Member
Quite. There has been clear signposting that the Doctor could be female. It's inevitable at some point, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if that point is coming up pretty soon.

I thought you would be more of a traditionalist - are you in favour of a female Dr Who ?

Butts

Veteran Member
Reasonable opener for Capaldi's final series as the Doctor.

However had Davros been present that Dalek would not have succumbed :p

Anyone notice the cameo of Simm (The Master) in the "what's coming up bit"

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Reasonable opener for Capaldi's final series as the Doctor.

However had Davros been present that Dalek would not have succumbed :p

Anyone notice the cameo of Simm (The Master) in the "what's coming up bit"

I just watched it with our youngest (13), I've not watched it for a couple of years and I really enjoyed it. Will watch it next week with her too I reckon.

Jonny

Established Member

backontrack

Established Member
New golden era of Doctor Who.

The background music in this series is lovely too, might I add. And I really like Twelve's Theme, too.

Butts

Veteran Member
New golden era of Doctor Who.

The background music in this series is lovely too, might I add. And I really like Twelve's Theme, too.

It's been okay but he's stuck on Earth to much - reminds of the seventies when Pertwee suffered the same fate :idea:

DynamicSpirit

Established Member
Overall, I really like the new series.

The thing I most appreciate is that the Doctor has returned to dealing with small-scale problems. One of the things I found most irritating about previous seasons is the way it felt like every other episode, the Doctor was dealing with an existential threat to the entire Universe (I'm probably exaggerating, but it's how it felt). For me, that got tedious, and just stretched believe-ability too much, even allowing for the parameters of the science-fiction Universe it's set in. But 4 episodes in, and we appear to have had two episodes that didn't even involve any aliens (barring a question mark over exactly what that sea-creature was) - I love that they've managed to do that.

Only slight downer for me is that some of the episodes leave too many questions unanswered at the end, and the new companion Bill's personality is perhaps a bit too over-the-top.

cf111

Established Member
Enjoying this series a lot so far, Bill is really likeable and Mackie and Capaldi have great chemistry.

What a turn from Suchet in the last episode as well, he's such a talented actor.

Butts

Veteran Member
Best episode so far with the return of Missy....wondered who was locked up in that vault.

Even Peter Kay's character is starting to grow on me.

Does anyone else think Davros is the author of Veritas ?

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Best episode so far with the return of Missy....wondered who was locked up in that vault.

Even Peter Kay's character is starting to grow on me.
There was no question in my mind that it was Missy in there.

Don't you mean Matt Lucas?

Jonny

Established Member
Some thoughts on the next time trailer ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqtl_eVljg8 on the Official Doctor Who Channel) :

Bill (as played by Pearl Mackie) appears to be going off to become a Mondasian Cyberman (at 0:25, by the drip in her arm (or theatrical prop equivalent) and surgical gowns).

John Simm looks much more convincing as a previous iteration of the Master with a proper goatee beard, presumably natural, per Delgrado/Ainley (at about 0:30).

Status
Not open for further replies.