• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Day out in London using a zone 1-6 travel card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSP 2

As the title says I'm looking at a day out in London using a zone 1-6 travel card, I'm arriving at Euston. One of the moves that I'm thinking of starts at Euston to go back to Wembley Central. I will need the travelcard for this. Can I just buy one from a ticket office at Euston, or do I have to go down onto the underground to buy one. I'll also be using a senior railcard.

TFAH

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Yes you can buy it from the National Rail ticket offices in the main concourse or by the ramps to Platforms 8-11. You can also buy it on the train into London if that had a guard, from your origin station, or even online and pick up from the ticket machine.

freddie1729

Depending on where your starting station is, you might be able to get it as part of your ticket.

For example, from Milton Keynes, a day return plus travelcard is £17.35 (off-peak) or cheaper if you restrict by TOC.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
As the title says I'm looking at a day out in London using a zone 1-6 travel card, I'm arriving at Euston. One of the moves that I'm thinking of starts at Euston to go back to Wembley Central. I will need the travelcard for this.
Where are you starting your journey / travelling in from?

HSP 2

I'm starting my journey from Barrow in Furness, but my London ticket will start at Manchester. The ticket that I'm looking at getting is a TfW + LM off peak day return at £29.70 then a zone 1-6 travel card at £9.10 total £38.80. I did have a look on Train spit for the tickets but when you add there bit it comes to £42.04 so £3.20 more.

One of the lads that's thinking about going has a 16 - 17 railcard will he get a better discount on the zone 1-6 travel card?

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I'm starting my journey from Barrow in Furness, but my London ticket will start at Manchester. The ticket that I'm looking at getting is a TfW + LM off peak day return at £29.70 then a zone 1-6 travel card at £9.10 total £38.80. I did have a look on Train spit for the tickets but when you add there bit it comes to £42.04 so £3.20 more.
If you can get to Crewe, a WMR+LNR day travelcard can be bought for £31.65 (with your railcard) which with the right tickets to Crewe may be cheaper than the off-peak day return plus travelcard option from Manchester.

https://www.brfares.com/!faredetail?orig=CRE&dest=0035&rlc=YNG&rte=42&tkt=ODT

Status
Not open for further replies.