• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Deepcar steel train

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Yes it does seem that something has happened as the trains are still operating. I hope this will continue as it’s good that the line hasn’t been left to decay. For the last couple of weeks it does seem that there are trains Tuesdays through to Fridays. Will it run on Friday? I’m guessing that it will. Curiously it has run late at night a couple of times this week which is unusual.
60024 been doing the runs this week Weds, Thurs and Fri

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Intercity 225

Is this train scheduled/likely to run over the next fortnight?

If so, when is one most likely to catch it going over the Wicker Arches (in either direction)?

Intercity 225

Possibly tomorrow keep an eye on RTT
Much obliged - what would I need to search for on RTT? I’m not as experienced at using it as many on here! :lol:

Also any rough idea of what the time may be? Just something broad like early evening/middle of the night etc would be useful.

Many Thanks

BR 45111

I’ve just look at Real-time trains for the last couple of days and it’s done some late night workings. Late night or very early morning depending how you look at it.
I’m not sure what days your referring to but on the 1st November someone in the DB planning department forgot that in the RHTT season 6J57 requires a 60 subsequently 66125 got stuck at Wardsend requiring the load to be tripped up to Stocksbridge in sections at the end of all this the light engine back to Masbrough returned 4 hrs late . Next night 60024 was despatched to collect the empties . Light engine for tonight 10/11 has come from Belmont to Aldwarke , no reports on what it is. Empties back tomorrow night .

Regards
Marcus

Last edited:

Established Member
Seemed to be an issue last night was 7 hours late eventually arriving at Stocksbridge

BR 45111

Seemed to be an issue last night was 7 hours late eventually arriving at Stocksbridge
Not sure what happened last night and all the usual was quite Railcam , available TOPS ,possibly the same as last week but can’t rule out an obstruction.
Tug 92 has just ran through Central as OJ57 , 10 BBA’s at Stocksbridge earlier .

Regards
Marcus

Wayne679

Nothing ran up there last week so either it’s off again or there isn’t much going on at the steelworks. It rarely seems to run Mondays so perhaps it might make an appearance between Tuesday to Friday.

Iskra

Established Member
I was up there Monday and the sidings were completely clear of wagons, which is unusual and I’d say not a positive sign

BR 45111

This is the fourth week that the steel train hasn’t run , I’ve passed Aldwarke a few times recently and there was no sign of the BBA wagons though they maybe elsewhere.
In the usual NR fashion as in previous years the branch has a visit from the RHTT tomorrow- Thursday - the 3J50 from York , due Deepcar around 12 booked for DRS traction ( 37’s)

Regards
Marcus

D365

Veteran Member
In the usual NR fashion as in previous years the branch has a visit from the RHTT tomorrow- Thursday - the 3J50 from York , due Deepcar around 12 booked for DRS traction ( 37’s)
Wishing I had paid more attention when I lived in Neepsend!

Wayne679

Here’s the timings for the sandite that is due to go up the line tomorrow. Sadly I’m working so will miss the very rare event of seeing a class 37 on the route to Deepcar.

Lemmy282

Well it didn't get to Stocksbridge, arrived Woodburn Jn from Tnsley at 12:48, and 6 minutes later was at Woodhouse.

Not sure what happened last night and all the usual was quite Railcam , available TOPS ,possibly the same as last week but can’t rule out an obstruction.
Tug 92 has just ran through Central as OJ57 , 10 BBA’s at Stocksbridge earlier .

Regards
Marcus
I understand the train slipped to a halt, they had to split it and take it up in parts. Don't think the RHTT has visited this year, and as it is like a forest up there I guess the leaves and sap finally won!

Nigel L

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Well it didn't get to Stocksbridge, arrived Woodburn Jn from Tnsley at 12:48, and 6 minutes later was at Woodhouse
(about yesterday’s RHTT) Did you see it at Woodburn or are you going by the RTT record? RTT shows it passed Broughton Lane (S of Tinsley yard) at 1130, and left Woodburn at 1248, with a “no report” at Stocksbridge, ie enough time to do the branch. Of the two booked times at Woodburn, the second says no report, which sometimes happens if RTT data gets mixed up when a train passes the same point twice in a journey. If there was no time recorded at Stocksbridge, that doesn’t necessarily mean it didn’t go up the branch.
I don’t know for sure either way, just trying to clarify what info you have.

Lemmy282

No I didn't see it, just going on RTT. Good point on the timings, I had missed that, sorry. I'm told that a time for Stocksbridge only appears when manually input into the system. I will try and find out if it did indeed run to Stocksbridge, might take a few days though.

Nigel L

BR 45111

No I didn't see it, just going on RTT. Good point on the timings, I had missed that, sorry. I'm told that a time for Stocksbridge only appears when manually input into the system. I will try and find out if it did indeed run to Stocksbridge, might take a few days though.

Nigel L
It passed me at Neepsend and given the time it took to return I’m guessing it made to Deepcar the NR boundary.

Regards
Marcus

Lemmy282

Had it confirmed that it did get to Deepcar on the 8th. There is another working on the 15th Doncaster to Derby RTC, but no steel trains booked, although paths appear in RTT

Nigel L

Lemmy282

The NMT ran up to Deepcar at about midnight on Friday 13th, I was speaking to someone earlier today who lives near the branch and saw it.

D365

Veteran Member
The NMT ran up to Deepcar at about midnight on Friday 13th, I was speaking to someone earlier today who lives near the branch and saw it.
That would have been a fantastic sight - a pity the route is so secluded.

Should anyone wish to travel this branch, a railtour is scheduled and obviously with traffic sparse this could be a last opportunity to travel the line.

Thanks for the heads-up, a Class 60 charter on the Deepcar branch will be fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.