• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay ‘evidence’

williamn

I had a delayed trip recently but stupidly didn’t take a picture of the ticket before it was swallowed by the barriers. Is the return portion of an open return sufficient evidence?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gray1404

Established Member
Usually that will be fine but you might have to explain on appeal the reason why. I would submit the claim through the usual channels and see what happens.

In future if you are delayed you should ask to be let through manually so you can retain the tickets for delay repay purposes. Want to claim is submitted the train company is allowed to request the physical ticket so it's important you keep hold of it.

williamn

Thanks both, given the return has the purchase date and time printed on it I would hope its enough. Will post the outcome here. Have also tweeted Southeastern who are usually reasonably helpful on social media.

gray1404

Established Member
Thanks both, given the return has the purchase date and time printed on it I would hope its enough. Will post the outcome here. Have also tweeted Southeastern who are usually reasonably helpful on social media.
Oh it's South Eastern. Right I had this exact same situation with them. They approved my friends claim first time. I had to provide an explanation for mine but it was approved.