• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay Claim for Physically Impossible Journey on Brigg Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazi Hupefi

I also highly doubt either Northern or TPE are especially interested in whether the infrastructure (line) remains open or not - I can't see them actively pursuing for it. They may not necessarily object, but it's not for a passenger train operator to propose closures of lines, albeit they can propose closures of stations, but the old franchise agreements used to contain confidential clauses that they must not do this without prior consent of DfT or ORR etc.

In my opinion, the most likely scenario for this line is closure and mothballing of the stations like Barlaston/Norton Bridge/Wedgwood/IBM, but the line remains open, and any infrastructure is rationalised. As soon as any critical pieces break like expensive points, the infrastructure will become "temporarily" out of use.

None of that changes the fact that not a single person the OP has spoken to about their fare "problem" will care. I doubt they even recognise what they are trying to achieve. An arm's length call centre handler on barely above minimum wage in Sheffield that handles lots of other TOC customer correspondence and delay repay claims will just mark you as a time waster / vexatious customer on their systems.

Isn't there a local rail user group or community rail partnership etc you can talk to? What about the local council who should have a local transport plan and senior officer to manage that?

Pretty much everyone on here is telling you that your "strategy" is going to end badly for you, and probably the stations on the line or at best, is going to mark you out as an oddbod time waster.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

skyhigh

Established Member
Agreed, the perspectives are a million miles apart and there's little more to add. I'm going to unfollow the thread.
Which roughly translates as "because nobody else thinks I'm right I'm going to go off in a huff and stop engaging".

Pretty much everyone on here is telling you that your "strategy" is going to end badly for you, and probably the stations on the line or at best, is going to mark you out as an oddbod time waster.
This is the reality.

I also highly doubt either Northern or TPE are especially interested in whether the infrastructure (line) remains open or not - I can't see them actively pursuing for it. They may not necessarily object, but it's not for a passenger train operator to propose closures of lines, albeit they can propose closures of stations, but the old franchise agreements used to contain confidential clauses that they must not do this without prior consent of DfT or ORR etc.
The DfT is effectively imposing budget cuts and is asking operators how they can be made. Given the current financial black hole and the fact both Northern and TPE are run by the OLR, it's entirely possible they could say "well, this could make a significant saving..."

Status
Not open for further replies.