• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay for RDG to WDT Annual season ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

reytomas1228

Can someone help me figure out how to do delay repay for individual journeys on my annual season ticket for Elizabeth line services? I've had two 40 minute delays today for what should be a 30 minute journey each way. I have a national rail season ticket, as paying contactless between Reading and West Drayton would be an insane cost due to the lack of monthly or annual caps. Im not able to submit a claim via GWR, as they no longer run this route, and the TfL site seems to not be equipped to deal with season tickets. I even tried calling, but the automatic system was unable to out me through to anyone sentient. Does anyone please have any advice or experience? I cant believe how incredibly bad my commute has been since November, but its even worse feeling that i am being forced to pay full price for a service that cancels two trains in a row in both directions without a chance of compensation.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tazi Hupefi

No delay repay on Elizabeth line unfortunately. TfL has their own scheme that is quite different. You can utilise your rights under the National Rail Conditions of Travel, but only for delays of over 60 mins I believe.

If the delay was not beyond their control, you can claim here:

But bad weather, trespass, fatalities etc are not valid reasons unlike delay repay.

island

Veteran Member
https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/refunds-and-replacements/overground-and-elizabeth-line-delays says you claim via an online account, by calling up, or by writing to
TfL Customer Services
9th Floor
5 Endeavour Square
London
E20 1JN
enclosing details of your claim, a photocopy of your ticket, and your bank details.

Note that TfL will not pay compensation for delays outside of their control.

No delay repay on Elizabeth line unfortunately. TfL has their own scheme that is quite different. You can utilise your rights under the National Rail Conditions of Travel, but only for delays of over 60 mins I believe.
That's not correct, for journeys entirely within the TfL pay as you go area they pay for 30 minutes and up (15 minutes in certain cases but not applicable here) if the delay was deemed within their control.

reytomas1228

Neither calling nor their online system seem to work. This is insane. How can it be okay to be delayed by nearly twice the length of your journey and have zero way of getting compensation??

island

Veteran Member
Neither calling nor their online system seem to work. This is insane. How can it be okay to be delayed by nearly twice the length of your journey and have zero way of getting compensation??
You can claim by post if you wish, but as previously stated they will not pay if the cause of the delay was deemed outside their control.

Tazi Hupefi

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/refunds-and-replacements/overground-and-elizabeth-line-delays says you claim via an online account, by calling up, or by writing to
TfL Customer Services
9th Floor
5 Endeavour Square
London
E20 1JN
enclosing details of your claim, a photocopy of your ticket, and your bank details.

Note that TfL will not pay compensation for delays outside of their control.

That's not correct, for journeys entirely within the TfL pay as you go area they pay for 30 minutes and up (15 minutes in certain cases but not applicable here) if the delay was deemed within their control.
There is categorically no delay repay on TfL.

As I stated, they have a different, very different scheme.

I think there's enough confusion around Delay Repay without muddying the waters further by even insinuating that the TfL scheme can be called that!

reytomas1228

Their train broke down in the core this afternoon, but they will probably find a way to deflect. Thank you both, this is not ideal, and I dont see this service improving in the future unfortunately

DailyCommuter

I've used their webform previous, I submitted on Thursday evening, they replied the next day and asked for bank details, with the refund processed the day after.

The form allows attachments, so I included a photo of the ticket.

Plus they refund the single leg in full for a 30 min delay vs 50% on GWR Delay Repay, although there is no 15min+ delay category.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
There are two compensation regimes on the Elizabeth line. The first is TfL's unhelpfully named "Service Delay Refund", which provides compensation of 100% of the cost of the relevant portion of your ticket for a delay of 30+ minutes, provided the delay is within their control. A broken down train is likely to qualify as such. This applies to paper and season tickets just as it does to Oyster or contactless, but only for journeys that are entirely within the contactless PAYG area.

The other option, and indeed the only option if your journey extended beyond the PAYG area, is to claim compensation under the NRCoT. This entitles you to 50% of the relevant portion of your ticket for a 60+ minute delay - but crucially, this entitlement doesn't depend on the reason for the delay.

TfL don't make it particularly easy to claim either form of compensation, so you may have to send them a letter.

bubieyehyeh

I had a delay on London overground, that meant I missed a connection out of London, and found this by searching since I was confused by the TFL webpage about delays.

So I train was listed as cancelled at shepherd bush (but look like it might have been a broken down train from https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:G46423/2023-01-25)

So I ended up being delayed by about 45min, so it sounds like I can't claim since my journey ended outside London and delay was less than 60mins.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I had a delay on London overground, that meant I missed a connection out of London, and found this by searching since I was confused by the TFL webpage about delays.

So I train was listed as cancelled at shepherd bush (but look like it might have been a broken down train from https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:G46423/2023-01-25)

So I ended up being delayed by about 45min, so it sounds like I can't claim since my journey ended outside London and delay was less than 60mins.
Unfortunately this is the case. It's a severe retrograde change in most respects for people who previously used GWR's services and benefitted from their Delay Repay 15 scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.