• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay - how long to wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Par

On Sunday September 11th we travelled from Kings X to Rochdale via Leeds. There were signalling issues in the Peterborough area for a large part of the day leading to numerous cancellations and severe delays.

Our 1803 service from Kings X left at 1924 and arrived into Leeds 90 late.

We were travelling on Advances:- Kings X to Leeds and separately Leeds to Rochdale.

I submitted two Delay Repay claims to LNER and they acknowledged both, settling the journey on their service promptly, but for the delay to the Northern service I have had no response other than the initial acknowledgment. I have chased this up with them by email nearly three weeks ago explaining that it was their service into Leeds that caused us to miss our connection, but still no response.

OK the amount involved isn’t high, however that isn’t the point, their service delayed us making our connection and my understanding is that they should therefore pay Delay Repay?

Any ideas on how to pursue this, I’m not on Twitter by the way.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mak1981

You say you submitted 2 claims? Is that one for each person or one for each ticket?

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
You don’t claim for the Northern Advances separately. You should have put both tickets in one claim. The one with the Northern only journey is likely in the bureaucratic system on its way to Northern as, in and of itself, it’s nothing to do with LNER.

I’d email them again being clearer as to what has happened here, as somewhere there’s a claim with only Northern tickets they won’t be associating with the other claim you made.

Next time, put all tickets into the one claim. :)

Par

You say you submitted 2 claims? Is that one for each person or one for each ticket?
2 people travelling for two separate journeys (ie 4 total). Two claims submitted, one for each journey.

Haywain

Veteran Member
2 people travelling for two separate journeys (ie 4 total). Two claims submitted, one for each journey.
That's still a little unclear - have you been paid out for two journeys from London to Leeds or for one journey from London to Rochdale?

And for more information, how late were you in arriving into Rochdale against your intended itinerary?

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
When you say two separate journeys, do you mean the two trains from Kings Cross to Leeds and Leeds to Rochdale?

If so, as your booked train from Leeds to Rochdale, the 21:18 (?) ran virtually on time, you are only eligible to claim anything for your ticket from Leeds to Rochdale as part of a journey from further afield, i.e. from Kings Cross in this case.

Hence you want to be making one claim per passenger, from Kings Cross to Rochdale.

Par

Let me try and clarify.

Booking number 1:- Advances for two people (ie two tickets) for travelling from Kings X to Leeds. I submitted a Delay Repay claim for these two tickets, which LNER have settled promptly.

Booking number 2:- Advances for two people (ie two tickets) for travelling from Leeds to Rochdale. I have submitted a Delay Repay for these two tickets (and received an acknowledgment but nothing more), despite me following up with additional information about the delay into Leeds being caused by the late running of the LNER causing us to miss the original booked hourly service to Rochdale.

No rejection, just nothing.

My understanding is that LNER that are responsible for settling on the second booking but am happy to be corrected if this is not the case?

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Let me try and clarify.

Booking number 1:- Advances for two people (ie two tickets) for travelling from Kings X to Leeds. I submitted a Delay Repay claim for these two tickets, which LNER have settled promptly.

Booking number 2:- Advances for two people (ie two tickets) for travelling from Leeds to Rochdale. I have submitted a Delay Repay for these two tickets (and received an acknowledgment but nothing more), despite me following up with additional information about the delay into Leeds being caused by the late running of the LNER causing us to miss the original booked hourly service to Rochdale.

No rejection, just nothing.

My understanding is that LNER that are responsible for settling on the second booking but am happy to be corrected if this is not the case?
As I suspected, you wrongly made two claims.

The one in bold is likely in the process of being sent to Northern because there was no LNER journey, and nobody will have figured out you were trying to actually "link it" to their liability in the first claim.

You should follow up with the advice I gave upthread. In future, submit all tickets together and they'll be considered as one claim; I know it isn't exactly intuitive but it's what it is!

Par

That's still a little unclear - have you been paid out for two journeys from London to Leeds or for one journey from London to Rochdale?

And for more information, how late were you in arriving into Rochdale against your intended itinerary?
We were due to arrive into Leeds at 2021 and then board the 2118 to Rochdale. The LNER arrived at 2151 (90 late) meaning that departure for (and arrival into) Rochdale was an hour later than originally planned.

Haywain

Veteran Member
We were due to arrive into Leeds at 2021 and then board the 2118 to Rochdale. The LNER arrived at 2151 (90 late) meaning that departure for (and arrival into) Rochdale was an hour later than originally planned.
Thanks, I just asked in case it was relevant.

As @Watershed has stated you made one journey from London to Rochdale with two tickets (each) and that is what you should have claimed for. I would suggest that you now need top contact LNER and explain what happened against the claims you submitted in the hope that they can sort it out.

Par

As I suspected, you wrongly made two claims.

The one in bold is likely in the process of being sent to Northern because there was no LNER journey, and nobody will have figured out you were trying to actually "link it" to their liability in the first claim.

You should follow up with the advice I gave upthread. In future, submit all tickets together and they'll be considered as one claim; I know it isn't exactly intuitive but it's what it is!

Understood, looks like my error, in the claim process, however I don’t recall that the online claim form allowed for two booking references to be added, it certainly wasn’t obvious anyway.

Both bookings were made with LNER through their App (see below) so having emailed with further clarification, it’s a bit disappointing to not actually hear anything at all, even if it is a rejection. They should be able to see the two bookings through their system?

EF034703-0C66-4926-AE59-F83CFADB273F.png

Status
Not open for further replies.