• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay; multiple tickets; one a season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeWM

Established Member
A quick question : does Delay Repay apply to a whole journey undertaken on multiple tickets if one is a season?

Real-life example : I have a Ely-Cambridge Gold Card and a Cambridge to London GA only Travelcard. Am currently travelling back from London. By the time I get to Cambridge it will only be the hourly GN service that will get me to Ely, and that doesn’t look as if it has been especially reliable today.

So if the GN connection is delayed does that count as a delay on the whole journey, or just on the leg covered by the season?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
A quick question : does Delay Repay apply to a whole journey undertaken on multiple tickets if one is a season?

Real-life example : I have a Ely-Cambridge Gold Card and a Cambridge to London GA only Travelcard. Am currently travelling back from London. By the time I get to Cambridge it will only be the hourly GN service that will get me to Ely, and that doesn’t look as if it has been especially reliable today.

So if the GN connection is delayed does that count as a delay on the whole journey, or just on the leg covered by the season?
It doesn't matter how many tickets are involved - you can use multiple tickets for a journey and are eligible for compensation on their combined value for your delay to your final destination.

sefton

The whole journey, but if you are claiming via the GN website it is rubbish and normally only pays out for one part until you resubmit the claim when a human being (eventually) looks at it and (usually) realises they should have paid on the whole journey.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
A quick question : does Delay Repay apply to a whole journey
Delay Repay applies to your journey, yes.

[Can a journey be] undertaken on multiple tickets if one is a season?
You may use a combination of two or more Tickets to make a journey.

It makes no difference whether or not a Season ticket is part of the combination (the only way it matters is regarding whether or not the train needs to call at the station where you change from one ticket to another, which is not material in this case)

If a delay to any leg of your journey resulted in your journey being delayed by a qualifying period under the relevant Delay Repay scheme, then you are entitled to claim Delay Repay.

I would email a photograph of all the tickets you used for your journey.

Include, in tabular format, a copy of your intended itinerary and, under that, a copy of your actual journey times.

Write a concise email, choosing your words carefully, such as "On <date> I made a journey from <origin> to <destination> using a combination of the following tickets. <bullet pointed list>. My intended journey was...."

Last edited:

MikeWM

Established Member
Thanks, my next question was going to be ‘how on earth do I actually do it?!’ but that’s now already been answered :)

Fingers crossed I don’t need to do it this time at least...

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
How would you value the season ticket leg for this one-off claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.