• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mb3245

Hi all,

Recently I travelled from Reading to Southampton airport (SOA)(on a Saturday) with an off peak day return (from Southampton Airport, this was the journey back).

This was my planned journey:
18.07 GWR Reading to Basingstoke(BSK) arr. 18.31
18.50 SWT BSK to SOA arr. 19.15

Now, on the day I have I made my trip this happened - 18.50 SWT to Weymouth was cancelled. The next service would be XC leaving BSK at 19.10 arr. at SOA 19.32. This means that if the XC train was on time SWT would only delay my journey by 17 minutes. However, the XC train was also about 25 minutes late. So, my total delay was 42 minutes. Which company should I claim the delay repay compensation from?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ploughman

Established Member
Theoretical question from me but it probably has already happened to a number of people.

Retired railway staff entitled to free travel.
Get caught up in a delay were normal passengers or even Serving or Retired staff travelling on Priv tickets are able to claim Delay Repay payments.

Are they able to claim any payment?
Their delay is just as much an inconvenience as it is to the others.

IanD

Established Member
Theoretical question from me but it probably has already happened to a number of people.

Get caught up in a delay were normal passengers or even Serving or Retired staff travelling on Priv tickets are able to claim Delay Repay payments.

I expect they can get a proportion of their ticket price refunded depending on the length of the delay.

IanM

......Retired railway staff entitled to free travel....

(my bold for emphasis, and it also applies to those of us still active)

I expect they can get a proportion of their ticket price refunded depending on the length of the delay.

Even if that proportion were 100%, it would still be nothing! The question related to staff travelling on free passes, and getting nothing back when it all goes wrong is one of the joys of travelling for nothing.

Last edited:

IanD

Established Member
(my bold for emphasis, and it also applies to those of us still active)

Even if that proportion were 100%, it would still be nothing! The question related to staff travelling on free passes, and getting nothing back when it all goes wrong is one of the joys of travelling for nothing.

I know, I can read.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member

What's 100% of nothing?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Free travel means no Delay Repay compensation.

Any compensation offered will be discretionary.

I would have liked compensation when on a few occasions I was delayed over two hours on a staff pass. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.