• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay Scheme Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBY-Paul

I Just made a return trip from Thornaby to Aberystwyth, booked through TPE. Two Adults (with DSB railcard).
Monday 11th July
Thornaby dep 8.32- Man Pic arr 10.45*
Man Pic dep 11.30- Shrewsbury arr 12.37
Shrewsbury dep 13.29- Aberystwyth arr 15.18
Return 13th July
Aberystwyth dep 11.30- Shrewsbury arr 13.17
Shrewsbury dep 13.59- Man Pic arr 15.15
Man Pic dep 15.57- Thornaby arr 18.02*

*Because my wife uses a wheelchair, and TPE trains wheelchair space would mean me sitting in a tip up seat for almost 2 hours Between TBY and MAN. I booked TBY to MAN as two 1st Advances (we transferred to the seat reservations) & MAN to AYW as two Std Advances.
I also booked Passenger Assist From TBY to AYW with all associated paper work.

Monday our train from TBY was delayed by signalling problems at York, which resulted in us arriving at MAN around 10-15mins after our Shrewsbury train had left. Passenger assist people put us on the 12.30 to Shrewsbury, on arriving at Crewe, as a result of not having a driver available we were transferred to a local Stopper to Shrewsbury and arrived at Shrewsbury at 14.17 were we then put on the 15. 30 to AYW, finally arriving at 17.17.

Wednesday our return Journey went well until we got to Leeds at 16.46, when due to signalling problems, south of York,the train was cancelled. Nothing went towards York for the next 2 hours, eventually we were put on the 18.50 to Thornaby ( the first service to get through to York) arriving at Thornaby at 20.25.

Realtime is showing Mondays train from Thornaby as cancelled at York, it wasn't we attached to a service from Newcastle to Liverpool, and ran paired to Leeds, then split at Leeds, before running onto MAN, but I can't find our train as arriving at MAN, it was cancelled at MAN, and didn't run to the Airport.

Having never claimed a delay repayment before, I haven't a clue how best to proceed, and help would be appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gray1404

Established Member
http://www.tpexpress.co.uk/contact-us/delay-repay-compensation/

You should use the above link to claim for both your outward and return journeys. This is because TPE was the company you were travelling with when things started to go wrong. You should scan the tickets for your entire journey so you get the full amount of compensation you are entitled to. In both cases you are entitled to delay repay for the full value of your tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.