• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay - split ticket query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Par

My daughter travelled last evening between Manchester Piccadilly and Bristol Temple Meads.

She was supposed to be using a through train 1V67 (at 18.05) with a ticket split at Stoke-on-Trent.

1V67 was cancelled between Piccadilly and New St, so she was forced to use 1O30 (at 18.27) to Birmingham, and onwards to Bristol on 1V68 (at 20.12 - actual dep 20.29)

Final arrival in Bristol was at 21.43, so 38 minutes later than 1V67 would have arrived had it ran from Piccadilly. Delay Repay is therefore due.

My question however is will Delay Repay only be payable on the Stoke - Bristol ticket because 1O30 arrived into Stoke less than 30 minutes down (Stoke to Bristol was the aforementioned 38 minutes late), or can she claim for the entire journey on both tickets?

I presume it will be only on the second ticket, but I'd like the advice of the experts on here.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Par

Thanks, I will encourage her to submit a claim on both tickets based on those tickets constituting a journey.

Cross Country do have box on their online form where she can add notes to reinforce the claim.

I wouldn't be surprised however if they only pay out on the Stoke - Bristol ticket where the claim is surely without dispute.

Status
Not open for further replies.