• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay with excess ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScotGG

Established Member
I had a claim for an advance and excess fare. I applied for delay repay and theyve only paid the initial fare and not the excess.

It was an advance single and the excess allowed me to take a single any time over next two days.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I assume your question is what to do next?

Just go back to them and explain your claim had been paid incorrectly, in line with suggestions on the forum for all other incorrect payouts.

ScotGG

Established Member
I was wondering if I have a leg to stand on with prior examples if possible. I could email and they reject again even if there's precedent. Googling didn't bring up any real answers nor does looking at T&Cs I've found so I would like some solid base to argue from.

With excess fares added to an advance is it only the original advance that's liable for delay repay? Or just the excess? or both together given that was the total paid? Someone must have experienced it.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I don't think there is any guidance on that I can remember. I really don't see why the combined value isn't payable as an excess fare just converts one fare to another.

Depends on the value involved but no reason why it cannot be taken to the Ombudsman if your follow-up complaint is rejected.

ScotGG

Established Member
Yep. I had an advance but then needed a later train so paid the excess (a large amount). When I went to take the later train it was cancelled. I did send both original and excess tickets in my claim. They've only paid the far smaller advance fare. I have emailed in and lets see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.