• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay

Status
Not open for further replies.

sciisfun

Good evening all, I was wondering if I could have another set of eyes look over my delay replay to make sure I havent missed anything obvious.
Advanced ticket for this service GWR 1635 PAD - PLY traveling as far as st davids. I've submitted a claim, and they've said that I've only been delayed by 15-30 mins.
The only thing I could think of is if they expected me to catch the service that was due to depart after this one, but left earlier due to delays. I was always under the impression (from being denied boarding of said service at Paddington) that if your train hadn't been canceled that you couldn't catch the next available service.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Appeal and ask them to review it; they may well have assumed you took the later service (that in fact left earlier).

When travelling on an Advance and your train is delayed, under the Advance ticket terms and conditions you're entitled to take the next available service (that complies with the route and/or operator restriction on your ticket) - in your case that would have been the later service that was leaving earlier. So you should also complain to GWR about being wrongly denied boarding for that train and thus being unnecessarily delayed. Sadly I can't say I'm surprised by your experience - the Paddington gateline staff are notorious on this forum for refusing people travel for a variety of incorrect reasons and GWR never appear to have taken any interest in training them properly.

sciisfun

Appeal and ask them to review it; they may well have assumed you took the later service (that in fact left earlier).

When travelling on an Advance and your train is delayed, under the Advance ticket terms and conditions you're entitled to take the next available service (that complies with the route and/or operator restriction on your ticket) - in your case that would have been the later service that was leaving earlier. So you should also complain to GWR about being wrongly denied boarding for that train and thus being unnecessarily delayed.
I will do that, thank you. Think it was NR staff as opposed to GWR at the gateline, It was all a bit manic, getting into rush hour travel.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I will do that, thank you. Think it was NR staff as opposed to GWR at the gateline, It was all a bit manic, getting into rush hour travel.
Network Rail don't employ any gateline staff so it would have been GWR :)

Status
Not open for further replies.