• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Derbyshire Wayfarer - Advice Needed

RetroCrowe

Hi all, tomorrow I am planning on going around Derbyshire, using a Derbyshire Wayfarer Ranger ticket, to follow the UKR Railtour. However, I'm unsure about the validity of my ticket on my return journey.

So what I want to do is complicated so hear me out, and sorry if this gets at all confusing.

- First, I'm getting an Anytime Day Return from Tamworth to Willington

- After seeing the tour at Willington, I'm going to have to double back and go to Burton-on-Trent, since the next train towards Derby that stops at Willington isn't for two more hours, which is too late for me. Instead of doubling back on my Anytime Day Return, I want to buy a separate Single ticket for this journey, this'll hopefully make sense when I explain my return plans.

- Once I get to Burton-on-Trent, I want to buy the Wayfarer from the ticket office there, and after that I'll use it as normal to visit a couple of stations.

- The thing I'm unsure about is the return. I'll be taking the 16:38 departure from Derby. This train doesn't stop at Willington, but my Wayfarer is valid to Burton-on-Trent, and since I haven't used the return journey of my Tamworth-Willington return, would that would still be valid from Burton-on-Trent to Tamworth?

Any advice on whether this plan is allowed would be greatly appreciated

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Barnsley

Just buy a Day return Tamworth - Burton, and buy your wayfarer from the ticket office at Tamworth!

RetroCrowe

Just buy a Day return Tamworth - Burton, and buy your wayfarer from the ticket office at Tamworth!
Based off the websites I've looked at, it doesn't look like Tamworth's ticket office sells the Wayfarers but I'll try asking when I get there

Kite159

Veteran Member
Based off the websites I've looked at, it doesn't look like Tamworth's ticket office sells the Wayfarers but I'll try asking when I get there
They should sell it, unless things has changed and it's gone back to being printed on special stock to aid bus drivers.